Windows Forum Admin
Return the Start Button to Windows 8
Windows 7-style Start menu with Windows 8 enhancements
- Search for Windows 8-style (Modern UI) apps
- Pin desktop and Metro apps to the start menu
- Jump List support
- Unified Search for apps, settings and files
- Boot directly to the Windows 8 desktop
- One click access to shut down, devices, music, documents, and videos
Start8 1.20 Changelog
- -Updated for Windows 8.1 Preview build compatibility
- -Start8 allows customizing the Start button image AND provides a desktop Start menu
- -Added new prompt on first run to select a default button image. Upgrade installs will not see this prompt.
- -When running on Windows 8.1 Preview, respect the OS configuration for "boot to desktop"
- -When used with Stardock WindowBlinds, you can also override the Start button in use with the WB setting for "always use the OS" button
- -Options for showing the Windows 8.1 Start screen in other than full-screen mode are disabled in this version of Start8