Windows 7 Startup ERROR

MxRE

I made a thread on another forum about this, so I'm just copy and pasting what I wrote so I don't have to write another essay.

Hi,

So last night I went to reformat my laptop, halfway through I thought nah I don't wanna do this anymore so I clicked cancel. Now whenever I try to turn on my laptop, it just gives me the ERROR saying F3-F200-0002 and won't startup. I have tried pressing F8 on startup, but there is no option for recovery or repair in the menu, just safe mode, debugging mode etc.

I was browsing the forums and found out I should press 0 constantly while the laptop is booting and it will bring up the recovery wizard. Anyway, when I do this it says HDD recovery mode then it says Windows is loading files, then it goes to a page saying ERROR F3-FF00-0006.

I have been told to download this file (Link Removed due to 404 Error) but I don't know how to make it work on my laptop that is broken (I'm on my nans computer at the moment). I have tried putting it onto a USB and slotting the USB in, but it won't work.

I need help urgently as I use my laptop for my job (I work from home, using the laptop). It would be alot to mean if you could help me fix it from home, as I do not have money at the moment to be able to purchase a recovery disk or send the computer shop for a professional to fix.
P.S I am on Windows7 and my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro L500.

I suspect that your only option is going to be to purchase the Recovery disks - from memory, the Tosh ones aren't overly expensive (around £30/$30)

I would think allowing a reformat to go that far would keep you system from being able to recover.

Laptop manufacturers will normally give their customers some way to recover the system back to a factory state. In some cases, it takes a special key during boot to get into a recovery utility. If there is no recovery partition on your hard drive, or if you formatted over it, you may have to use recovery discs either made by you prior or ones supplied from the manufacturer.

I don't know if you can use the Windows 7 .iso download to reinstall on an OEM system, but maybe someone else will. Link Removed - Not Found for download and make note of your version, both bit and level and if you want SP1 or not.

Hi

Was the file you downloaded a .zip file?
If so you will have to open it in a extraction program like Winzip, and then copy it to a CD.

Check out this page I notice that it says that the file will have instructions on how to use it.

It says that it is OS independent so I would guess that means it will run from the CD when you boot to it.

Driver Details - Toshiba

It appears that what you did was exactly what this file is designed to fix.

Good luck

If you don't have a CD drive in your computer you will have to go into the bios and tell it to boot from the USB drive. I've never done that myself so I can't tell you more about it.

Mike

Well, I downloaded it myself and there are no instructions!
But it is a zip file so if you extract it and do what I suggested it should work.

Last edited:
It looks like that file may have to be run in windows.

The instructions for doing a recovery from the Hard Drive start with make sure you are plugged in and the HOLD the 0 key, then start the computer. You should see either a select your version of windows or a Warning message about all data being deleted. I would think if you do not get one of these screens, you have not started the system in the correct mode.

There is always a chance I am not looking at the manual for your exact model, but it starts on page 62. The link may not work correctly but if you do not have the manual, you could get one separately.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi

I think it says that the file is to recover a botched hard drive caused by stopping the restore process in the middle.
It seems like it would have to run from a boot disk.

Here's all the info on System Recovery including how to use the System Recovery CDs.

Here is a place to get the recovery CDs.
Unfortunately they charge for them.

http://recovery-disks.com/toshiba-satellite-l500-st5505.html

Mike

Last edited:
Hi

I think it says that the file is to recover a botched hard drive caused by stopping the restore process in the middle.
It seems like it would have to run from a boot disk.

Here's all the info on System Recovery including how to use the System Recovery CDs.

Here is a place to get the recovery CDs.
Unfortunately they charge for them.

Toshiba Satellite L500-ST5505 Recovery Disk Set | Recovery-Disks.com

Mike

Alright mate, thanks a lot for your help

I will post back once I've had a read and an actual attempt at this guide you've sent me.

Back