Windows 7 Startup Issues

NEOidea

So, I'm having a problem. When I startup windows 7 (more specs to follow), the BIOS loads, then a bit of a black screen, then the Starting Windows 7 screen, then a longer black screen, then the Welcome Screen, from there it loads the desktop.

The entire startup is over 2 and a half minutes long, and I think that's a little long. All of the loading screens (except the BIOS screen) take a bit. The computer runs fine. I've already cleared my startup items to the bare minimum, and updated all the drivers. I even tried disconnecting all the attached devices, booting in safe mode, it happens all around.

I need help fixing this (if it even is a problem, if not, let me know)

Here are my computer specs:
Windows 7 64bit Professional SP1

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
Conroe 65nm Technology

RAM:
2.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-15)

MOTHERBOARD:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5B-Deluxe (LGA 775)

GRAPHICS:
Sparkle GeForce (NVIDIA) 8400GS 512MB DDR3 PCI

HARD DRIVE (which is IDE- can't afford more right now, could that be the problem???)
117GB Seagate ST3120026A ATA Device (PATA)

Please help!

Run the following in cmd as Admin:
sfc /scannow
chkdsk /r/f
%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535, hit Enter, check ALL boxes, Hit OK

Run CCleaner
Run Malwarebytes

And Internet Options, Delete, Delete.

Run Start-up Repair from the OS disc.

Report back, please & thank you.

Cheers,
Drew

Oh, and I use Avast as my antivirus software as well (the free version.)

I'm running the scans now, I'll report back when done.

Ok, where do I find Start-up Repair on the OS disk? when I did the auto-run, it started to install Windows 7 again...

Run the following in cmd as Admin:
sfc /scannow
chkdsk /r/f
%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535, hit Enter, check ALL boxes, Hit OK

Run CCleaner
Run Malwarebytes

And Internet Options, Delete, Delete.

Run Start-up Repair from the OS disc.

Report back, please & thank you.

Cheers,
Drew

You do not run it from w/in the OS. Put the OS disc in & reboot. Hit any key to boot from CD/ROM. Then hit Repair, instead of Install Now

Drew

Ok, so I just put the disk in to try to run Start Up Repair, and I tried running the OS disk. That didn't work, so I switched back over to booting from the IDE Hard Drive, and it booted up fine... I don't know what happened. All the scans came out fine...

Not going to try to fix something now that isn't broken.

Thanks!

Ok, where do I find Start-up Repair on the OS disk? when I did the auto-run, it started to install Windows 7 again...

Back
Top Bottom