Windows 7 Startup minimized

Marios

I installed a TP-Link Wifi adapter and it installed a configuration program for wifi that starts on Windows startup
and i want it to start minimized or hidden. It created a shortcut on the Startup Windows folder. When i click the shortcut and select PROPERTIES and then select to run minimized this does not have effect.

Sounds like a glitch, quite typical. You might want to uninstall it, then try your system. Then reinstall it when being careful about options.

Another thing, right click Taskbar, choose Customize, and options there.

Some programs simply won't follow what you click in Properties. Giving more info of what Wifi adapter / program you have, would give more nutrition for people here.

It is TP-Link USB Wifi adapter model TL-WN823N and the configuration utility is called Wireless Network Set-up Application.

I installed a TP-Link Wifi adapter and it installed a configuration program for wifi that starts on Windows startup
and i want it to start minimized or hidden. It created a shortcut on the Startup Windows folder. When i click the shortcut and select PROPERTIES and then select to run minimized this does not have effect.

When you say it doesn't run minimized, do you mean that a user interface window opens and remains open, or you get some form of information icon in the system tray? If a window is opening, is it looking for input from you? If a window is opening and it does not require any user input, see if there is an option somewhere in that window (or another tab in that window), for running minimized.

Back