Windows 7 Startup Repair, No desktop

The Underholt

I've looked around these forums for answers on how to solve this but have come up empty/there wasn't enough information for my specific problem.

After I had a Windows 7 update install (8/12/11), and restarted my computer (ASUS), all that my computer will go to is the Startup repair. Ater running through a meaningless scan telling me the same thing to restart my computer/contact...well...Windows. However every time I restart the comput it will go back to the Startup repair.

I have tried to start the computer in Safe Mode but it still reverts back to the Startup Repair.

I CANNOT get to my desktop at all. So I don't know how to run the install/repair disk. It won't start on booting either.

I have also tried to do a system restore to a point before the updates but that FAILS no matter how far back I go.

Please help. Very much appreciated...

Last edited:
Hi,

to run the repair console boot into your bios and change the boot order to CD/DVD first. Then boot from your Windows disk and follow the prompts through as if your going to install the os. Once you reach the actual install screen click repair. You should now be able to configure your set up to run the start-up repair.

Back
Top Bottom