Windows 7 StartupRepairOffline

borntowheep

Just yesterday, as I was browsing the internet, my laptop randomly shut down. I restarted it and what I was faced with was the startup repair.
It didn't work, a box showed up saying 'startup repair cannot repair this computer autmatically'. I sent the information.

The problem details said:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200833
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 15
Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Checking the diagnostic and repair details, the first thing that struck me was the fact that the file path of some things was set to D. My hard drive is set to C.
On all the tests that were performed, I looked at the result and saw the same thing:
"Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0"
On root cause it said: "Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem."

When I open the command prompt from the System Recovery Options, I try to run "sfc /scannow", I come up with the error message saying:
"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again."

Worth noting is the fact that the in the command prompt, it says: "X:\windows\system32"

I run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, and it says that it can find no errors.

I try System restore from a previous point, but after the system restore finishes and restarts my computer, the same thing comes up.

My laptop is: "Acer Aspire 5551G"
It runs on Windows 7 64-bit.

NOTE: I recall also having seen a message saying something about "ci.dll missing" but I can't seem to find that message.

NOTE (again): Could you please post screen-prints on step-by-step instructions, I am not familiar at all with this.

Thank you in advance

X: is the Ram Disk the Recovery utilties (WinRE) use when it loads the files. D: might be your Win 7 partition since the letters are different in the Recovery environment. To check go to the D: drive and do a dir command.

I beleive the ci.dll is missing the link below stated that a rootkit was found and repaired.

Guess I will have to work on this link problem. Anyway the title of the thread is Computer won't restart: "Root cause found: Boot critical file D:\CI.dll is corrupt."

Last edited:
Back