Windows 7 State: Private

cygnus333

I want to know how to remove the image of a lock on one of my folders. This is a folder I created to hold downloaded files. None of the other folders I have created have this issue. When I hi-lite the folder by clicking on it, at the bottom of Windows explorer I see 'State: Private'. Also, when booted on XP, this is a dual boot system, the contents of the folder cannot be accessed.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Have you, by chance, been running an older game from both OS's, but with only a single install? I have heard of this happening, particularly with "Steam".

If this is the case, the only workaround is to have the program/game installed on both OS's, and run separately from each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to know how to remove the image of a lock on one of my folders. This is a folder I created to hold downloaded files. None of the other folders I have created have this issue. When I hi-lite the folder by clicking on it, at the bottom of Windows explorer I see 'State: Private'. Also, when booted on XP, this is a dual boot system, the contents of the folder cannot be accessed.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Share the folder with everyone and the lock goes away... Try it and inform...

I had the same problem.... What you do is right click the folder and go to folder properties. Then under the general tab click advanced then at the bottom uncheck encrypt data. That worked for me so it should do it for you. I am running Windows 7 Build 7057.

Back