Windows Vista Stealth ports on Vista?

Littlebits

Ok, here is the problem. I have Windows XP installed on one hard drive and Windows Vista Ultimate on the other drive.

On Windows XP with just Windows Firewall enabled, all of my ports are Stealth according to Shields UP! , but on Windows Vista Ultimate, some ports are open and others are just closed with Windows Firewall enabled.

Since Windows Vista's firewall is so complicated to configure, I tried other software firewalls that have stealth mode and are compatible with Vista.

I tried Comodo Pro beta, Zone Alarm beta, Outpost Pro beta, PC Tools Firewall Plus Free Edition, Vista Firewall Control Free version and FortKnox Firewall for Vista.

None of them with stealth mode enabled could stealth all my ports. Several ports were still showing just "Closed".

FortKnox Firewall stealth more ports than the others did, but 4 of them were still just closed.

On my connection settings, I have a Public Network with all Sharing and Discovery services disabled.

I'm using Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC that is compatible with Vista and driver is updated.

Is there a way to stealth all ports on Vista without using a router firewall?

Thanks.:)

Back
Top Bottom