Windows 7 Stereo Mix not picking up Microphone

DM27

Hey, I'm Dave.
For the past four hours, i've been struggling with a problem, my microphone wasn't being heard by my friends who I was attempting to talk to on skype. I looked, and my microphone was hearing my voice, but my Stereo mix Was Not. I have no idea how to fix this problem, my mic is fine, i've tried multiple mics, i've also tried multiple chat things, such as ooVoo and what not. I have asked my step-father and he has no clue. So yeah, i'm confused. And i'm pretty confident it isn't a driver issue(as in mic driver).
**What I did**
So, i was at my friends house, and i disabled my built in laptop microphone. Went back to my house, re enabled, and this happened. I've rebooted twice. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm assuming this is an easy fix and I know it should not have taken this long to figure out.
Thank you
~Dave M

I do not have Skype so I am at a bit of disadvantage. I would think Skype would have adjustments for the microphone input it uses.

When you say "Stereo Mix" are you referring to the normally disabled device in the recording dialog?

I assume you show the microphone enabled and selected as default? Do the bars on the left move when you speak, and how many bars?

Have you been trying a headset with a mike? Other sounds in an area might effect the quality of the microphone input.

Back
Top Bottom