Windows 7 Strange icons on photos

Jim S

Honorable Member
I just transferred some photos from my camera to a folder on my computer. When I view these photos in Windows Explorer as Extra Large Icons or Large Icons, each photo has a red circle with a white exclamation point inside it at the bottom of the picture. Photos in other folders that I transferred earlier have a green circle with a white check mark inside it. I haven't seen this previously except on my wife's computer about two weeks ago. At that time I thought the indicators might have been put there either by Picasa or Photoshop Elements, both of which my wife uses. But I don't use either of those programs on my computer. Where did these strange indicators come from? What are they trying to tell me? We both use Trend Micro Internet Security. Could it be tagging these photos?

I'm thinking that my Mozy online backup program may be responsible for the icons, although I haven't seen them in the past. Two photos that I modified today had the red circle/exclamation mark earlier today, but now Mozy has run, and they have the green circle/check mark.

Exclamation Mark on Pictures

You're right. It is Mozy which is putting the icons on the files. I have the same on my PC. You can read about it here:- Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back