Strange Lock Up, no BSOD, not immediate

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Supah, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Supah

Supah New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    So, since yesterday evening, I've been having these really strange lock ups. I will be playing/using the computer and then Windows Explorer will lock up- as in, I cannot right click on the Desktop, I cannot open new programs, I cannot close programs. However, for a short time afterwards (1-3 minutes, it seems), every program I have open will be work fine [except, I am unable to open anymore tabs in Chrome], and the internet connection will work fine as well, but I am unable to CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Further, Rainmeter also shows changes in Bandwidth usage as well as CPU usage during that time. And then after the aforementioned few minutes, things will completely freeze. No BSOD, nothing in the Event Viewer pertaining to this crash, nothing in Reliability History, unable to replicate in Safe Mode.

It doesn't seem to be a memory issue, as after Explorer crashes, demanding games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Diablo 3, or Starcraft 2 continue to run until the total lock up. Additionally, things requiring an internet connection like those games as well as Mumble or Bittorrent work fine until the total lock up. Thanks for the help in advance.

Attached Files:

#1 Supah, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012