Windows 7 Strange pattern causing internet disconnection

Tytonidae

Whenever I am doing something somewhat CPU intensive, such as a game, my internet will occasionally fail. It goes through a strange pattern each time; my speakers will start playing sound as if they have bad reception and audio is mildly slowed, my mouse lags and jumps around the screen as I move it, and then my internet will disconnect. I have tried other sound output methods, and they still create this problem. I can run network diagnostics to reconnect, upon which my internet connection actually will seem stronger than before, though it degrades as I use it for whatever reason. My desktop is odd in the fact that it has a wireless card instead of a cable to connect to the internet; is this my problem? If not, what is?

Where is the wireless router/receiver located in relation to your tower? It could be to far away and loosing the signal. Has this been an on going problem or just started recently? Have you tried connecting your PC directly to the router with an ethernet cable and checking problem that way?

OS please.?
1. What type of wireless card?
2. What router and type?
3. Do you have television or Owen , radio or any electronics devices close to you computer?
4. Try with selective start up?
5. Have you tried with different game?
6. do you have inbuilt. graphic card?
7 as. said try with cable.
8. What. type of sound is it like beep or long beep how many?
9 computer model and RAM?

It seems the doing CPU intensive work might be a possible cause. Maybe you system is overheating. If it isn't overheating, possibly something with the memory or some other component is causing errors.

OS please.?
Windows 7 64 bit
1. What type of wireless card?
I think it's called Realtek family PCIe GBE family controller. I'm not even sure if that is a wireless card, but that's what I think it is. There is also an adapter listed with it.
2. What router and type?
Linksys WRT54G
3. Do you have television or Owen , radio or any electronics devices close to you computer?
Television
4. Try with selective start up?
I don't understand what this is.
5. Have you tried with different game?
It does this with all games I've tried that demand something notable. I imagine it would do this with a program if it were demaning enough.
6. do you have inbuilt. graphic card?
I don't think so. Nvidia GeForce GT 240
7 as. said try with cable.
I don't understand what this is.
8. What. type of sound is it like beep or long beep how many?
It's whatever audio is playing, be it characters speaking, chat client beeping, etc. It gets dragged out and sort of warbles.
9 computer model and RAM?
I think by computer model you mean what company built and what model it is? It is none. The parts were custom ordered and assembled. I don't know how to find my RAM, but I think it's two gigabytes.

If my computer is overheating, what can I do about that?

You check for overheating by looking at the temps you may or may not have available. One good test is to open the system up and leave an external fan blowing on it to see if it seems to run better or longer before having problems.

This is one of the easiest things to eliminate during a trouble shooting process.

You check for overheating by looking at the temps you may or may not have available. One good test is to open the system up and leave an external fan blowing on it to see if it seems to run better or longer before having problems.

This is one of the easiest things to eliminate during a trouble shooting process.
How do I look at the temps?

I would just open the system up and try to keep it cool. Looking at temps is good if you have software to do that. Some motherboards supply it with the install disc, or you probably look to see if you can download a newer version. There are some third party apps but I do not know of one to recommend.

The temps in the bios are good, but usually by the time you get there the temps have changed.

How to start the computer in selective starup.

1. Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
2. Type msconfig In the Open field, and then click OK. The System Configuration Utility dialog box launches.
3. Under the General tab, enable the Selective Startup radio button, and then clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Under the Services tab, enable the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All to prevent unnecessary services from running during the install process.
5. check box for Hide All Microsoft Services. Sort the Service column by clicking the title bar, and clear the check box for the following services
1.Automatic Updates
2.Security Center
3.Windows Firewall
4. also uncheck the program if you are not goin to use make sure the wireless card driver or if you see the name of your wireless card do not uncheck it
6. Click Apply, and then OK.
7. At this point, you will be prompted to reboot. After the computer has successfully restarted, you will be in Selective Startup mode. The System Configuration Utility will notify you that Windows is running in diagnostic mode, and give you an opportunity to return to Normal Startup mode via the following dialog box:
8. Click OK to this message, the System Configuration Utility launches again.

Back