Windows 7 Strange Self-made Stand By by Windows7

asnothingelse

Hi,
After 2 months of successfull working on Seven, I really appreciate it, few time ago a strange happening occurred.
I was playing Ableton Live music-system with and audio external interface running, suddently I switched to some Windows menus to check some files and it happened.
Windows turned down in stand by mode without any reasons and I had to restore the system back by the pc button. Wasn't a crash event, simply it went in stand by mode like everytime I want, and I got immediately back from it with the same apps opened and the only loosing of audio connection.

I checked the Energy Saver combination but it was already set to Never.

Do you think audio interface was the problem?
Should I expect other self-made stand by ?

My system has gone well since now.

thank u

You could try going to Control Panel > Power Options, click change when the computer sleeps, then click the Change Advanced Power Settings and look through the list of options.

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the options you suggest but no one of them can suggest the automatic stand by mode. It's set Never for the whole related to the Electric Power supplying, and yesterday I was running by that when It happened..
is there any way to check a log of the happening ?

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the options you suggest but no one of them can suggest the automatic stand by mode. It's set Never for the whole related to the Electric Power supplying, and yesterday I was running by that when It happened..
is there any way to check a log of the happening ?

try running powercfg -energy from a cmd prompt then view the report, if it won't let you view it in the windows folder simply right click copy to my docs or desktop for better permissions, also disable your screensaver then try and get the "forced sleep" condition ?

check your windows logs in event viewer (type event ***** into search from start orb)

Last edited:
I managed to bring out the report from the powercfg utility. I attach here in word format, please have a look of it if you can.
Nothing inside it let me figure out what happened in that "forced sleep" condition.

Attachments

• energy-report..docx
    6.3 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Thank you for the tip but I don't know how to report the stand by events by the "powercfg". I managed to make it work in the cmd shell but I don't know the commands to do the report.
In addiction, I don't have any screensaver set at the moment, what do you mean for "forced sleep condition" ?

the command in cmd prompt is "powercfg -energy" this should produce a report and tell you the path to it ?

Hi,
After 2 months of successfull working on Seven, I really appreciate it, few time ago a strange happening occurred.
I was playing Ableton Live music-system with and audio external interface running, suddently I switched to some Windows menus to check some files and it happened.
Windows turned down in stand by mode without any reasons and I had to restore the system back by the pc button. Wasn't a crash event, simply it went in stand by mode like everytime I want, and I got immediately back from it with the same apps opened and the only loosing of audio connection.
I meant this which actually looks more like hibernate ?

Above you can find the report to see (is in italian unfortunately). I don't think was an hibernation condition, it looked more like a suspend mode, in fact I didn't have to restart the system, but only to wake it.

Last edited:
Above you can find the report to see (is in italian unfortunately). I don't think was an hibernation condition, it looked more like a suspend mode, in fact I didn't have to restart the system, but only to wake it.

my Italians not good enough to understand, so your going to have to self diagnose if there's anything useful there ?

have you check Sony for any driver updates or tools that talk about this condition ?

Back