Windows 7 Strange Windows7 behaviour

EvertStrack

Suddely my ASUS laptop acts strange: after booting, randomly Windows7 seems to be hanging. The mouse seems to work correctly but I can't open or close programms, the taskbar does not react or do anything else. Only after pressing alt-ctrl-del and closing it again, the laptop works correctly again. I see not huge processor usage and or other strange things in the task manager.
I did not install other SW or drivers lately, it suddenly appeared. Yesterday I installed the latest Nvidia drivers with no result. Anyone a clue?

Evert

My Laptop, an expensive model, started like that and finally hung up. The bug report (safe mode) indicated a graphics problem. I googled and got some frightening results. It seems that with some, not all, laptops, using Nvidea graphics, have had the same problem. I am not frightening you, but it seems that the last driver update altered a few settings, which, one could say, oveclocked the card, and cooked it. The drivers cannot be backdated, as the card is now literally broken. I am running the laptop in the basic generic VGA mode, which is not bad but with obvious limitations.
My IT son tells me that it is possible to put the card in the oven for a while and it will work again - frighteneing thought!!!!
So I now have a £1600 XP suitable laptop. Nvidea have nothing to say.

Back