Windows 7 Strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasen Hibberd

Banned
A couple days ago, some stuff got corrupted on my computer and it seemed like Chkdsk took care of it all, because it now reports C:\ as a clean volume. Windows boots fine, and it works perfectly, but when I went to go run an update on my Windows Loader, it wouldn't start. Somebody suggested that I run in Safe Mode, so I tried that, but after I log on in safe mode, I get nothing but a black screen. I can open the task manager, and try to run Explorer, which doesn't work. But everything else can run. Wininit.exe and Winlogon.exe are running in the task manager in safe mode. I tried an SFC /SCANNOW, but that returns with "Windows Resource Protection cannot perform this operation" at 6%. Further inspection says that its winresume.exe.mui and winload.exe.mui that SFC cannot repair for some odd reason. Running this outside of windows (using an installation disk) returns with "Another operation is scheduled, please restart and try to run SFC again" or something of that nature.

So, any ideas?

EDIT: Typing C:\ into the task manager in safe mode with actually launch explorer.exe, and let you browse like normal.

a pc a fixed over weekend had asimilar issue

i did them plus

inserting the cd

run from cd and click repair

if u click on advanced options u can choose command prompt

trry

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /recuildbcd

see what happenss i guess

Rebuild BCD did nothing but report that it detected 0 windows installations. FIX MBR just deleted my GRUB. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom