Stuck at Starting Windows

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to help me.

I've got a big problem with my laptop. if I try to boot it normally it gets blue screen and dies. The same thing happends if I use fail safe. (crashed at crcdisk)

So I thought idd reinstall it. However when i boot up from my windows cd, I only get the 2 possibilities to "setup and recovery". No matter which of those I choose it goes to "loading files" and then to "starting windows".

I've reinstalled quite a few computers, with xp and windows 7, and I've never had any trouble doing so.

So i thought idd try to take out the hdd manually, but I realised I dont have the cables to connect it to my other pc, and clean the hdd that way.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

With regards
Mosholm

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
So you have a Windows 7 install DVD? Your system is set to boot from DVD first or you have a boot option to set it first?

If you can get into a command prompt, you can clean the drive, or possibly download and burn something like Partition Wizard or G-Parted to boot and wipe the drive.

Do you know of anything that might have made you suspect the drive was failing?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.