Windows 7 SuperAntiSpyware = BSOD

jimhannon

I am running Win7 x86 and have tried loading Superantispyware several times with the same result.... BSOD. The BSOD happens during installation with the code 0x0000008e. After BSOD and next bootup, Superantispyware is not listed in the Add Remove Software list. I have to delete the shortcut and the program folder. Win7 works perfectly after next boot, but will not install this program.

Well then i am guesssing that the program is incompatible with windows 7. Try right clicking on the install exe and going to properties>compatibility then set the system to windows Vista and then run the install and see if it helps. On many occassions it does. If that doesnt help then Try using a free antivirus like avg. MAny antispyware suites cause blue screens of death because they are not compatible and their services crash causing the BSOD.

Yeah, I did try installing as WinXP compatible...but not Vista comapatible, same results. I am running Nod32 as an antivirus program. Superantispyware free version is not a AV suite. It is a standalone spyware, adware, malware removal program. It is considered one of the best at detecting and removing these threats. It runs great on Vista. I was just posting for information sake that it appears to not be compatible with Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom