Surface Internals

Honestly hate to say it, but I'm also looking at the Nexus 10... as far as the screen goes, Samsung has developed for the Nexus 10 running Android Jelly Bean. Sadly, there are already some really good games in the Google Play appstore. Granted, they are not of the full power you'd see on console or PC.. maybe 10 years ago (GTA 3 is on there). But you've got a sequel to the Oregon Trail, Monopoly, Scrabble, a productivity suite... Dropbox, Skype, Trillian.. a PDF reader. Numerous books, Spotify, Kindle... native resolution is 2560 x 1600 at 300 PPI. To look at that and see that the Surface is using USB2 is somewhat disturbing, to say the least. For both devices, at these prices, a mid-range laptop would not be a bad idea right now. This is not to say things will not improve... I'm just voicing my opinion. Not a Surface enthusiast yet... when I have $500-$600 USD to throw away on something, I may check it out. But not before I always purchase a technically (hardware wise) superior device of comparable performance software wise...

Back