Windows 8 SVCHost.exe (BITS) Always Downloading.... Problem...

MrVMP

Hello to all friends, especially teachers : D
Every time I would restart the computer .... It starts to download my internet is unlimited. I wanted to know whether it will happen to everyone or just happen to me. If you can give an explanation about this service. I am using Kaspersky Poor 3 and I do not think my computer has a virus. I went to the service and - BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) got off and it was true. But after the restart the computer will start to download. Right now I am writing this post (BITS) with a maximum download speed of the Internet. This is ridiculous. Please help me. Of all thank you. I am waiting for your answer.

Along with what it probably says on Bassfisher's link, BITS normally operates in the background and uses a very slow download speed.

You might try changing your options for Windows update to not download updates until you accept them and see if it changes.

I suppose any normal Windows utility could be a target for some virus writer, so hard to know.

Are you suggesting that the program would freeze? Windows Update but not how Windows updates going on? The more times the highest download speeds. I'm planning DU Meter. Nearly six hundred or seven hundred megabytes to download the update. This is Windows Update? I do not think this is a Windows Update. Using Windows Update will not block it. I do not want Windows Updates to be blocked. What do you suggest?

Not sure to whom your response is directed, but for testing, I would set the Windows Update option to "Check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them". If it is Windows Update doing the downloads, they should stop until you change it back.

If you can catch BITS running, you might be able to see what it is doing in the Resource Monitor.

When downloading BITS in windows background . Windows Update does not have any movement in the Action Center.
i see bits in the windows monitoring (SVCHost.exe) and its downloading bun not movement anything in update center

I'm really confused

I am not sure I am understanding you. Is there any picture you could attach to explain the problem.

BITS may be working all the time in your case, but usually only when the system is not busy. If you look at the Svchost Bits is running in, you should be able to add a PID column to the display. In my case that PID is 992 for that Svchost. Of course, something else in that host may be accessing the network, hard to tell.

When Bits downloads Windows updates, it does not show up the the Windows Update dialog. You can copy the WindowsUpdate.log to your desktop and look through it for BITS and DnldMgr.

Attachments

• Bits1.JPG
    Bits1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 598
  • Bits2.JPG
    Bits2.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 673
Saltgrass, those .jpg are so small I can't make any of it out....I know I'm old and my eyes are going....but my eyes aren't that bad...lol. I have to use the zoom in the browser to read it.

Back
Top Bottom