Sync Center (and WMDC) Not Seeing Dell Axim

Hi there!

I have a Dell Axim X5, using Windows Mobile 2003. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Before that, I was using Vista Ultimate x64, and had no problem connecting my Axim to my computer.

Now, I am trying to make my Axim work with Windows 7. After much hassle, I successfully installed the drivers. The Axim now shows up in: My Computer, Devices and Printer, and the Device Manager, all without any problems, errors, or yellow exclamation points. All says the device is "working properly."

However, when I open Sync Center, it does not see any device. Also, when I click on Windows Mobile Device Center, the application does not launch. The only thing that comes up is the Connection Settings screen, shown here:

Neither Sync Center nor WMDC seem to connect. Although wmdcBase.exe is running according to the Task Manager.

I have tried: uninstalling and reinstalling WMDC, updating via Windows Update, trying a new USB port, uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers for the Dell Axim.

Please, how do I fix this??

Thank you!!

Try this:

Control Panel
Windows Firewall
Advanced Settings
Inbound Rules
Create a new "Inbound Rule" and name it Windows Mobile Device Center
Click on the "Protocols and Ports" tab
Protocol Type - TCP
Local Port - Specific Ports, 990, 999, 5678, 5679, 5721, 26675
Remote port - All Ports
LEAVE ALL OTHER OPTIONS AT THEIR DEFAULT VALUE
Click Apply
Click OK

Disconnect and Reconnect Mobile Device
Create Partnership etc....

Hi jtbmw,
Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work :( Followed your instructions to a tee, (and yes, the new rule was created), but still nothing seen in Sync Center. I even turned off Windows Firewall completely, and still nothing has changed.

:confused:

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.