Windows 7 System Disc

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
My Windows 7 Pro system DVDs are marked X15-60528-01 and X15-60529-01. Are these OEM or retail versions?

There's no other indication and Control Panel/System gives no clue.

The machine came with Windows installed from these discs.

Regards

Cheemag

According to the net, they are Windows 7 retail DVDs. 528 is the 32 bit and 529 the 64 bit. Mine show the say thing, except the Pro version is -03

They may even be SP1 versions since my original shows 60560 and 61.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I always thought an OEM disc was one you purchased yourself separately, e.g. for an upgrade (ie. it didn't come along with the computer when it was originally purchased.)

If the disks don't say 'For installation only on a new PC' then they are retail. If that wording (or similar) is present, then it's OEM
The Product ID from teh install will also tell you - if the second group of characters is -OEM- then (obviously) it's OEM, otherwise, it's 'something else'
If there's a COA Sticker attached to the case of the machine, then the license is OEM.

If you want a more detailed appraisal....
To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell

According to the net, they are Windows 7 retail DVDs. 528 is the 32 bit and 529 the 64 bit. Mine show the say thing, except the Pro version is -03

They may even be SP1 versions since my original shows 60560 and 61.

Thanks. I suspected they were retail as the vendor did say they could be transferred to another machine.

These are pre-SP1 - part of the reason I asked as I am seeking a legal copy with SP-1 slipstreamed.

Thanks.

Cheemag

Back
Top Bottom