Windows 8 System freezes

Jacek Pawe

Hi,

computer:
Motherboard: P5Q SE / R
Processor: Pentium dual core E3300
Memory: 2GB DDR2 dual
Drive: Seagate 250 GB SATA

I upgraded system with an assistant to the version Windows 8 The update was successful but the system is no longer stable. Freezes during games, web browsing, file copying. That's all I noticed at the present moment. It is difficult to determine the reason for the suspension because the lack of logic of this behaviour. A system tester is the game League of Legends, which is running the immediately after the changes are made in computer.

What I did:
1. Restoring the factory default settings - did not help
2. Installation of the new system with the removal of all partitions on the disk, install the same updates to the system - did not help.

Hardware tests:
1. Test the hard drive - OK
2. Memory Test - OK
3. Temperatures disk, processor, motherboard is normal during normal operation and during testing.
4. Test full CPU load, disk and memory equipment has been. The test lasted 6 minutes. Then system friezed.

Please help because my ideas are already exhausted. I'll even test the graphics card but that's a last resort as it passes I do not know what else I can check.

You say you restored to Factory settings. I assume you mean you used the Factory Recovery partition or media to restore the PC to what it had from the factory when new. Is this correct?

If so you now have whatever OS came with the PC when new. If you are still having a problem then you are having H/W issues rather than S/W issues. I would first try opening the PC case and cleaning everything out. A dirty PC can build heat that can cause instabilities and even kill the PC. I would also unplug and re-plug all boards and Ram. This will ensure things are seated ptoperly.

It really sounds like a heat problem to me. Also make sure you clean all fans to allow them to turn freely.

You say you restored to Factory settings. I assume you mean you used the Factory Recovery partition or media to restore the PC to what it had from the factory when new. Is this correct?
No, I Installed Win 8 from DVD with the removal of all previous partitions. At the moment I have Windows 8 in virgin form with all the updates that are available.

Thanks, but this patch is already implemented in the windows update.

I notice you upgraded as apposed to a clean or custom install. I would hazard that a custom install would probably cure your issue.

Back
Top Bottom