Windows 7 System Startup

BlackMailedAgai

Extraordinary Member
I inherited a computer running Windows 7,
System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
System Model KZ854AV-ABA m9300t

While it runs fine the startup/bootup is messed up.

I turn the computer on and it goes the the HP logo and options screen as if I had hit the key to select boot/startup options. While it is booting, I have to hit the <ESC> key to present more boot up options. Where I then hit <F4> to use the defaults...everything else beyond this is fine. I apologize I don't offer more information, but I am looking for a way to make it start normally. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I see this is a tower....correct? Is there any thing on there worth saving, data wise? Does it still have the factory D drive where the hidden OS partition is located? If so then I would just do a factory reset using that D drive or use HP built in software to factory reset and set it up as you see fit.

I see this is a tower....correct? Is there any thing on there worth saving, data wise? Does it still have the factory D drive where the hidden OS partition is located? If so then I would just do a factory reset using that D drive or use HP built in software to factory reset and set it up as you see fit.

As a gift (and older, used computer), I do not have the original HP software, though it does have the D drive for original settings. It is a tower, yes. Lots of stuff worth saving since I have been using it for a month. I would prefer not to have to transfer everything. Also, I am barely competent with computers, so resetting and getting it all working correctly again, is likely more than I can safely accomplish.

Last edited:
Glad you're all fixed up now....

Well. it seemed to work, but it has been reverting to the original problem the last couple days, though as far as I remember, I have done nothing new, nor changed its configuration, nor downloaded new stuff. Any further thoughts would be helpful.

Also, since this is an inherited computer, I do not have installation disks.

Thanks

Well. it seemed to work, but it has been reverting to the original problem the last couple days, though as far as I remember, I have done nothing new, nor changed its configuration, nor downloaded new stuff. Any further thoughts would be helpful.

Also, since this is an inherited computer, I do not have installation disks.

Thanks

Another possible solution will be...........
Contact the HP manufacturer. Ask for a set of Recovery disks. The cost is minimal and money will be well spent.

Back