Windows 10 System_Thread_exception_error

URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!
I started the upgrade of Windows 10 on my Windows 7 SP1 laptop. Once it finished downloading and rebooted, it started the 3 installation steps. Once the second one was done, the screen remained blank, but it was still breathing and the LEDs were fine. After 2 hours of no response, i decided to turn it off and reboot. It started win10 just fine, but it took me to another user account which wasn't mine. Once i started searching for the log off option, i get the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death ) detailing "system_thread_exception_not_handled" and it rebooted. It remained blank once more.
I decided to force shut down. It wouldn't turn on anymore. I went to the advanced repair options and neither System Restore, or System Repair helped.
Is it the end?
Please someone help me.
i have a hunch that the Restore Previous build or something like that option would help, but what shoulf I do for the computer to give me that option? Can't find it.
Also I run a scan to see if my Laptop was compatible with Win10 and it said yes.

Hi Daniel,
is it possible for you to boot into the windows desktop? If so you could run the app outlined in the sticky here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Post the details and we will debug the dump file.

Other options:
Microsoft have released the Windows 10 iso here:
Windows 10

You could always (I presume you have access to another machine as your posting in the forum) burn the iso to disk/USB and then clean install. You will be asked for an activation key but you can input that later once you know what your key will be. I'm not sure how Microsoft intends to pass this info on but in any case you do have some options here to go forward with.

Hi.
Thanks for your answer.
I'm afraid I'm still a bit unexperienced with these kind of things, so I don't know how to handle these kinds of situations. How could the Windows 10 ISO Help?
I will try to get that app runnig and see if I can post those details.
I'm pretty much looking for any possible solution as long as I don't have to wipe my data clean. I tried to go to This-PC and hovered the mouse into my account folder from the other account, and it said EMPTY FOLDER. That freaked me out. Does it mean that it's already lost? I really hope I can recover everything. Thanks for your help.

Hi,
Last night I did have access to windows 10. The thing is, it was an extremely rare case. My laptop will not log into any user account anymore. After loading windows 10,the screen remains blank. The only thing I can do from here is force shut down. In an ocassion when I did this, a LED remained on, so I turned it on again to see what was wrong this time an just like that it took me to the same another user account that was not mine. After seeing my user account folder was empty (Or so it seemed, I never technically opened it) I was so worried and scared i decided to reboot it. And after loading windows 10, blank again.
If my user account folder was empty, does it mean my data is lost forever?
What can I do?
How can I access safe mode or the advanced repair options?
I really would like to find a solution that does not imply a format or loss of data.

Well normally one would use a system repair disk but as you haven't had time to create one what you could do is use this link to create a windows 10 disk by downloading the iso and burning to disk or usb:
Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help
Once you have the disk/USB you can then enter your machines bios and change the boot order so that you boot off the disk/usb. This will allow you to access the repair options which, if successful, will eventually allow you access to your machine. Once your back in the machine follow my link above on how to access your old settings.

Hi.
My friend suggested that if i manage to start it up again, find my windows.windows.old folder and retrieve important data from there. And format and re-re-install win7.
He also told me of a way to get rid of win10 and go back to 7.
I'll add the screenshot of the conversation of what he told me to do to recover win7.
I wanted to verify what he told me could work with you windows experts.
Have a good day everyone. Many thanks for your help.
Screenshot_2015-07-30-09-55-42.png

Hello once again.
My user account folder in my windows.old folder is empty.
No windows 7 restore was found.
At this point I'm pretty much sure and ready to accept that i lost everything.
If you know of a way I can still recover my stuff please tell me.
If not, then tell me what should I do to fix the BSOD now. Idk if I'll be able to acces the pc again, so this is the time.

As mentioned previously post the dump files and we will debug them. We can then tell you how best to fix the issue.

Hi,
I was able to recover all of my data.
It was a pretty simple solution actually, I just had to log off and log in.
I will try to provide the dump files as soon as possible.
Thanks for helping.

Hi everyone.
As you told me to do, I executed the W7F Diagnostic tool and gave it a spin.
Here are my result in the attached file.
Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• W7F_30-07-2015.zip
    357.1 KB · Views: 1,387
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C8, {0, 2, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+1f429 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all three dump files were similar in that they blamed the Atheros network adapter driver. Please update the driver using the download from the laptops support page:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=PSK3SU-0K3025

Also did you have Norton installed at one time? I can see something relating to Norton in the driver stack and i would advise you to remove it. Use the Norton removal tool:
Uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool

Post any new dump files.

I will update this driver and remove Norton ASAP. I'm kind of in a rush now because I'm leaving for NYC.
Thanks for your help!

Quick question tho:
Should I provide more dump files if I get another BSOD or provide dump files as soon as I update the driver and remove norton?

Certainly.. We never close threads Daniel so please do post any new dump files or updates to your issue and we'll help as best we can. Enjoy your journey and have a safe trip.

Got it.
One problem tho, the atheros driver is my wireless adapter driver. And I updated it yesterday precisely. Without that update, I cannot connect to Wi-Fi networks.
How curious.
If Windows 10 does not support those drivers, I'm afraid I'll have to go back to Windows 7 SP1 :c
Or maybe I have 2 Atheros drivers. I don't know. But I remember my wireless adapter driver which i was forced to update yesterday to connect to wifi is Atheros.
I will provide the dump files after applying these changes.

Hi!
I have done what you suggested me to do.
Norton and all of it's components were removed successfully.
However, I get an error when trying to update my Atheros driver, which was the wireless adapter for Wi-Fi, as I suspected, which I had recently updated the day before. I will attach a picture detailing the error.
I will also send you a new copy of my dump files and everything else the W7F tool provides after removing Norton.
Thank you very much for all of your support :)
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• W7F_01-08-2015.zip
    384.6 KB · Views: 890
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80082c4036a, ffffd00024a0c968, ffffd00024a0c180}

Probably caused by : athwbx.sys ( athwbx+20036a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above relates to an Atheros driver:

athwbx.sys Thu Oct 17 10:46:01 2013: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter. There is a driver update available here:
Drivers for Atheros AR9485WB and Windows 8

You'll need to install the driver via Device manager as you only get supplied the 'inf' but this process works equally well. If your unsure on how to proceed let me know and I'll guide you.

You'll need to install the driver via Device manager as you only get supplied the 'inf' but this process works equally well. If your unsure on how to proceed let me know and I'll guide you.[/QUOTE]

Help me please :^)

Ok here goes... Follow my screenshots and you should be fine. So go to the link I gave you above and download the file arrowed:
wifi1.jpg

Save it to somewhere like your downloads folder and then extract the contents:

wifi2.jpg

Open the control panel and look under Hardware and sound for Device manager. Click that:

wifi3.jpg

Once Device manager is open look down the list for the Wifi component. I don't have one so am using my network just to show you. Once you found the right component, right click on it, choose properties, Driver (along the top) and then update driver. A box will appear with two choices you need the one which says 'Browse my computer for Driver software', click that:

wifi4.jpg

Another box will appear and you need to pick 'Let me pick from a list of Device drivers on my computer':

wifi5.jpg

You'll see another box appear. Look over to the bottom right for a button marked 'Have Disk' and click that. A smaller box will appear and you need to then browse to the download folder where the driver files are and click on the download folder. This will produce yet another box showing the contents of the downloads folder although all you'll see is the files which are needed namely 'inf' files. You need to click on the one I highlighted. If you look closely the files are named slightly different so please ensure you follow my directions.

wifi6.jpg

Once installed you can simply close all the boxes down. I hope you can follow my advise and I haven't made it hard to understand. Good luck!

Back