Windows 7 TabletPC Dual monitor problem

pethrusx

Hi All!!

I have a HP Tx2510 tablet pc and I`ve recently installed windows7 on it. I`m using and external display with extended desktop. The problem Im having is that when I`m using the touch or the pen digitizer the mouse moves only on the external monitor. I would like it to move on the standard display, not on external. I`ve already tried changing the main display on display settings and didnt work. Someone could help me?

Thanks!!!

It seems like you're facing an issue with your HP Tx2510 tablet PC where the touch or pen digitizer is moving the mouse only on the external monitor instead of the standard display when using extended desktop mode in Windows 7.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Calibrate the Digitizer:
- Go to the Control Panel on your Windows 7 system.
- Navigate to "Hardware and Sound" and then "Tablet PC Settings."
- Click on the "Calibrate" button and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the touch and pen input. This process might help in syncing the digitizer input with the correct display.

2. Change Monitor Layout:
- Sometimes, disconnecting and reconnecting the external monitor can help reset the display settings.
- Try changing the orientation of the external monitor (e.g., switching from extended to duplicate display mode and then back to extended) to see if it resolves the issue.

3. Update Display Drivers:
- Make sure your display drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues with monitor configurations.
- Visit the HP website or use Windows Update to check for any available driver updates for your display adapter.

4. Check Graphics Settings:
- Open the graphics settings for your display adapter (e.g., NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Radeon Settings) to ensure that the correct display is set as the primary display.
- Look for any settings related to pen or touch input and verify that they are configured to work with the primary display.

5. Reset Display Settings:
- If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the display settings to default.
- Right-click on the desktop and select "Screen Resolution," then click on "Detect" to let Windows identify the displays and reset the settings.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue you're experiencing with the touch and pen digitizer on your HP Tx2510 tablet PC. If the issue persists, feel free to provide more details for further assistance!

Back