Windows 7 Task bar

chrismof

Banned
I have had windows 7 running on my PC for about 2 weeks. Something seems to have changed on the task bar at one time when I placed the mouse on the programs I had running in the task bar they would show up as a window pane but now it has changed back to how it was on XP as a box with writing could anyone please help me to change it back to the window pane.

Thanks
Chris

Did you set your desktop theme to either Basic, Classic or a High Contrast theme. An Aero theme is required for the Aero Peek feature of the taskbar.

Thanks for your promt reply I have not changed any thing on my desk top theme could you tell me where I can find the Aero theme

Win7 comes set to an Aero theme. Do you have the Glass taskbar and window borders? If so you have an Aero theme already. If you don't do this.

Right click: an empty spot on your desktop.
Click: Personalize.
Click on an Aero theme.

If it's already set to Aero then you have another issue. In that case I'd run System File Checker.

http://windows7forums.com/tweaks-guides-howtos/19250-system-file-checker-great-windows-fix-tool.html

Or maybe someone with more computer expertise will come along with another suggestion.

Thanks for the reply Ive had a look at the propertis and the aero peek is ticked but greted out

I managed to fix the problem typed into the search bar "aero" and it came up with a search and fix. Thanks for your help

Chris

Back
Top Bottom