Windows 7 task scheduler

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I was trying to learn about the task scheduler and rid some programs by going to the program and unchecking what I thought would stop a schedule from performing.
It worked with Ccleaner and another.
Lojack is there also.
I noticed sidebar execute there with only one other entry which was a string of digits. They are {A3729667-D451-403B-99F8-D99FAACD36A4.
Should I attend to these entries as I read sidebar execute has to do with widgets and can cause a vulnerability? I could not determine what the second was.
If so, how do I do so?
Thank you

I am not exactly sure what you are wanting to do or why your are wanting to do it?

In Task Scheduler, you can normally just disable a Task to keep it from running. The number you reference is not on my system, but might be found by doing a search through the Registry. Use regedit.exe to search for the number and you may find a real name reference. Or just turn off the gadgets...

Windows 7 is a fairly safe OS, and if you are using approved gadgets, you should not have much to worry about. But you might state what anti-virus you are running and perhaps others will have comments.

I use Win native firewall with Win 7 x64, MSE, router, i5,1T

I just wanted to be sure there were no programs running that I did not want to have run.
Those long numbers belong to Skype.
I have tried to stop unwanted scanning at the programs themselves and hope I am successful.
Sidebare Execute was the one I was particularly concerned about as I researched it and it seemed to be non essental and a possible security issue.
Thank you for your help.

Since some programs use names that seem familiar, are you referring to the built-in sidebar.exe program that handles the gadgets, or a third party version of the same thing?

I don't think sidebar.exe is a threat, but that is up to you. I always like to keep a second anti-virus program available which I can run every now and then to help check my system. I do not let it run all the time, just when I think there may be a problem, and I use Malwarebytes for that.

Since some programs use names that seem familiar, are you referring to the built-in sidebar.exe program that handles the gadgets, or a third party version of the same thing?

I don't think sidebar.exe is a threat, but that is up to you. I always like to keep a second anti-virus program available which I can run every now and then to help check my system. I do not let it run all the time, just when I think there may be a problem, and I use Malwarebytes for that.

>>I also run MBAM as a secondary malware program -I forgot to mention it. I disabled sidebar.exe in task scheduler..
A friend suggested I run a Mr Fixit disabler than the enabler to see if the possibility of a vulberability exists and can be patched. I do not have the referrals here but did read the MS article which said it is a known issue.

[h=1]Microsoft Security Advisory (2719662)[/h]

Last edited:
Back