Taskbar disappears

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by jeroen536, Jun 22, 2009.

1. jeroen536

jeroen536 New Member

I'm running windows 7RC now more than a month and it makes me smile :) But i've got one problem. When my laptop awakes from standby or when i am not using my laptop for a long time (more than a hour), the taskbar disappears. I can open the start menu with the windows button and all programs work completely, but the taskbar doesn't appear.

Images of the problem:
    http://www.jwinkelhorst.nl/data/taskbar1.JPG
    http://www.jwinkelhorst.nl/data/taskbar2.JPG

Does anyone recognize the problem and knows how to solve it?

2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Did this occur immediately after install or do you recall installing some software that may have caused it.

Have you tried moving it around to a different position on the desktop?

3. jeroen536

jeroen536 New Member

Did this occur immediately after install or do you recall installing some software that may have caused it.

Good question..i installed windows 7 clean, so directly after installing windows I installed all the other stuff i need. Maybe it's the software, i don't know.

Have you tried moving it around to a different position on the desktop?
    Not yet.. the next time the taskbar disappears i'll try it.

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

You might also want to check your power settings

Just Go to Start > Help and Support and type in laptop power.

5. jeroen536

jeroen536 New Member

My taskbar disappeared a few minutes ago. The screen turned off (powersaver), and when i moved my mouse, the screen turned on, but without taskbar..

I tried to move the taskbar, but i can't click on the taskbar, so i can't move it.

What should i check?

6. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

I would go to Start > Control Panel > Power Options, click on the Change when to turn off the display, then click on the Change Advanced power settings link, and take a look at all the individual options under Advanced Settings.

7. jeroen536

jeroen536 New Member

I looked at the poweroptions and didn't find anything what could be related to the taskbar. But...

Google gave me some hope :) i found the following on sevensforums.com:
    I've got a NVIDIA Geforce 8400M GS, so i think this is my problem. So i hope NVIDIA will soon launch new drivers..

8. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

If it isn't a problem with the video drivers, I hope Microsoft is aware of this siyuation before RTM

9. ciscokid

ciscokid New Member

Possible Temp Fix for Disappearing Taskbar

I just installed 7 today and of course have the Nvidia drivers you speak of. So in searching this problem, i did two things, got my taskbar back by activating the screensaver, and then saw a possible solution - locked the taskbar - and the reactivated the screensaver - taskbar stays on the desktop in place. Maybe this is the answer for now.

10. jeroen536

jeroen536 New Member

i found out that my screensaver is the source of the problem. Only when i use a screensaver called 'fliqlo' (it's still my favorite) the problem occures. When i use any other screensaver everything works fine, and i don't have any problems with my taskbar.

Do you use the fliqlo screensaver (or an other costum screensaver)?

11. pluto

pluto New Member

Missing task bar

Hi Yes this makes perfect sense to me I too have this screen saver and have installed in on two machiines that are experiencing missing taskbars when the screen saver kicks in. If you find a fix to this so the screen saver can be use that would be fab as this is also the one I use the most.

pluto

12. Berry

Berry New Member

Thanks so much for this--had the same exact problem, only in my case it was an Hermes watch screensaver that was eating the taskbar!