Windows 7 Taskbar issue

IE was just the program i tried to pin to the taskbar.
tried pinning shortcut from desktop... doesn't work.

I now have 2 pinned programs, which are 'libraries' and 'WMP' I didn't accidentally delete those.... deleted IE from the taskbar...never got it back (or any other program for that matter ;(

If you are in the position to format and reinstall, I'd try that.:confused:

Agreed, I was going to suggest that but from what he said it didn't sound like that was an option.. ;) I really don't think this is a bug, a glitch maybe, but not a bug..

Radenight, your previous post (with the link) got me thinking.... I did remove the arrow from the shortcuts...

So i followed the instructions...didn't work, i thought... let's try it manually and bingo presto, 30 minutes of fiddleing later and about a dozen reboots it works !!!

thanks for all the help, time and advice everyone gave me .... thank you all !

Radenight, your previous post (with the link) got me thinking.... I did remove the arrow from the shortcuts...

So i followed the instructions...didn't work, i thought... let's try it manually and bingo presto, 30 minutes of fiddleing later and about a dozen reboots it works !!!

thanks for all the help, time and advice everyone gave me .... thank you all !

Sweet! I'm glad you finally got it.. :) And without having to resort to a reinstall.. ;)

This does raise an entire new support topic though...

using .reg files in Windows 7 doesn't work.... at all !

Radenight,

NICE call!!!

Wout000,

I found the answer why reg files are not working correctly in Windows 7.

You need to save the file in Notepad, and choose ANSI as the format.

Works consistently for me.

Radenight,

NICE call!!!

Wout000,

I found the answer why reg files are not working correctly in Windows 7.

You need to save the file in Notepad, and choose ANSI as the format.

Works consistently for me.

Same to you my friend.. ;) I'd say we covered all angles of this problem very well.. At least if someone else runs into the same problem, they should be able to get it solved with all the suggestions in this thread alone! :)

EXCELLENT JOB to everyone who was involved with this thread! :)

Thanks to this thread I found out that I could remove the arrows from my desktop icons without using a Tweak?i program. I never did like the looks of them little boogers. I thought I'd have to wait til PowerToys for Windows 7 came out.

Back
Top Bottom