Windows 10 Taskbar problem

tvzzz

At one time I could set my taskbar wide enough to show all all my program icons because they displayed in as many columns as needed to do so. I liked that. Now, no matter how wide the taskbar is, they only form one column and you have to use the scroll bar to see the rest. (See screenshot) I can't find a way to change this. Is there one?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-12 05.46.40.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-12-12 05.46.40.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 130
That is not the taskbar. That looks like the desktop.

Screenshot (1).png

If you're talking about the desktop, right click in an open area of the desktop. Then uncheck align icons and uncheck grid. If you're talking about the actual taskbar at the bottom. Right click the taskbar and uncheck "lock taskbar" and then move mouse to top border or taskbar where the mouse change from an arrow to a split arrow and then drag upwards.

That is not the taskbar. That looks like the desktop.

View attachment 39530

If you're talking about the desktop, right click in an open area of the desktop. Then uncheck align icons and uncheck grid. If you're talking about the actual taskbar at the bottom. Right click the taskbar and uncheck "lock taskbar" and then move mouse to top border or taskbar where the mouse change from an arrow to a split arrow and then drag upwards.
Thnx Bassfisher. Actually, it's the taskbar, which I have situated on the left instead of the bottom. It is already unlocked, but no matter how wide I make it, it only shows the same number of app icons. However I tried moving it to the bottom, and now can see all my icons without scrolling. So I guess bottom it is!

Thnx Bassfisher. Actually, it's the taskbar, which I have situated on the left instead of the bottom. It is already unlocked, but no matter how wide I make it, it only shows the same number of app icons. However I tried moving it to the bottom, and now can see all my icons without scrolling. So I guess bottom it is!
I wasn't sure but it looked like the standard desktop. I was thinking that maybe you moved it to the side but it just looked like the desktop.

I'm not sure if there's a limit on how many you can have when move to the sides. Have you tried the top and right side and see if that makes any difference.

As a test....I move mine to the left. Then I tried to drag it to the right. It allowed me to move it halfway across the desktop.

Now I got mine at the top.....I think I'll leave it there.

Back
Top Bottom