Tcp/IP Lan gaming problem

DJK

When I try to host a game over lan using the tcp/ip protocol (like most games support) the screen freezes.

At first I thought it was the games fault, but after having the exact same problem in 3 different games, this is not possible anymore.

I first had this issue in Commandos 2, whenever I try to host using Tcp/ip the game freezes, cursor blocks (music keeps playing) and the only way out is a alt-tab-delete process kill.

Secondly I tried hosting a Age of Wonder Shadow Magic game, whenever I try to host using Tcp/ip the game freezes, cursor blocks (music keeps playing) and the only way out is a alt-tab-delete process kill.

Thirdly I tried hosting a Disciples 2 game, whenever I try to host using Tcp/ip the game freezes, cursor blocks (music keeps playing) and the only way out is a alt-tab-delete process kill.

I'm sure the pattern is getting clear, something is screwed on my networking side. It's a 8 pc network over a router and switch that didn't rly gave me problems before. The internet works fine on all 8 pc's and I can detect, browse and copy fine from any pc to any pc.

Some other games I play in a lan setup (Counterstrike, Unreal, Flatout 2 etc) all work fine, maybe they use another protocol or something cause coindidently or not, all 3 games that give me problems specifically mention "tcp/ip" when hosting a game, while those that do work do not.

Again all 3 give me the EXACT same problem, as soon as I press a "host game" button, the game cursor blocks, the game hangs but the game music keeps playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.