Technet Forums

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Anyone here who is a poster in the TechNet forums? (Microsoft TechNet Forums)

I have been a frequent poster there for some years. I had not posted for about three or four days and then, when I logged in a couple of days ago, I found the layout had changed dramatically.

I battled my way through to the Windows 8 IT section, my usual. I then exited and logged in again, and found I had to go, once more, through the whole procedure to get to Windows 8 IT.
As far as I am concerned, provided it is not a temporary plan, it has mad it a most definite No No forum for me. I am very P***ed off about it.
But maybe it is a personal view. Any other user comments?

I've only recently become a registered user on there and it's been that way since I've signed up. So I don't know what it was like before. I too find it cumbersome to navigate around it.

I have been a contributor there since 2008. Yes, it recently was revamped. Allegedly, of course, to be better. I can find my way around but, admittedly, took some getting used to it. Not sure how I feel about it but, it is what it is. We were told it was coming for quite some time.

Cheers,
Drew

Ok. I have solved the problem. My principal interest there is Windows 8. I logged in, found the Windows 8 section and created a shortcut in my favourites. I don't understand the reason for the change, it was fine as it was but I can handle it now.
I did read the blog (Forums Recognition Update Coming July 14th 2011 - MSDN and TechNet Forums Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs) a while ago, after email reminders from my local MS rep, but didn't take heed (as I should have done) The long discussion regarding the new point system did, I think, turn me off, as it is so easily misrepresented and can be misused.

Last edited by a moderator:
the bad thing now is that the TechNet program is shutting down, you have to till aug31 to renew or buy a supscription, so it will be closed in sept 2014 or whenever your subscription expires before that date

Back