Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller on Windows 7 Enterprise

Hi at all,
I have a notebook hp nc8430 and now I have installed windows 7 enterprise full. I have a problem with connect card on PCMCIA and SD Reader. Into Hardware Profiles I have some devices in warning and are Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller and controller memory storage. I have installed this drivers for this HP Compaq nc8430 Notebook PC*-* Texas Instruments Media Card Reader Driver - HP Business Support Center
but the problem persist and I cannot use pcmcia and smart card reader. I just have launch setup.exe in Windows Vista compatible and administrator. If I update the driver from Hardware Profiles (and not launch setup.exe) I have error of Access Denied(I am the administrator of the machine and I am the owner of the directory where are stored the update).
How can solve it?
Thanks

Last edited:
Is there anyone??:confused::confused::confused:

why you dont repond me???is this the forum for windows 7 support???:eek:

this is a very very best forum...congratulations for your support!

Hi, I see you posted this some time ago and I am wondering if you resolved the problem. I have an 8430 as well and am preparing to upgrade to W7 but see that there are issues with the controller. I did find this which is supposedly a W7 driver for the controller:
Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based SmartCard controller - Driver Download - PC Pitstop Libraries

If you found another solution what was it? Also, did you have any other upgrade problems?

thanks,

Peter

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.