Windows 7 The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load

Reptillian

I found corrupted system files, but it appears that the hard disk is fine. I executed chkdsk and no bad sectors.
Just looked into this on event viewer-

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

• axsoay
  • nmfmfx
  • pefxbo
  • zedltn
  • zvijcv

I am running Acer Aspire X3950-U3022 with Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition.

Here's the log.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Try running the system file check utility. Go to programs, accessories, right click command prompt, run as administrator and enter the following command:

sfc /scannow

Do you know what the drivers are for. On today's systems, some utilities or viruses will rename themselves to keep from being recognized. I do not recognize any in your list, so something may be going on there.

If you open MSconfig.exe, do these entries show up in the list of Startup applications? If so, where are they located on your system.

Have you done any virus removal, or registry cleaning lately? Not suggesting, just asking. But doing a virus scan might not be a bad idea.

When you ran the System file check, did it say there were unrepairable files, because the CBS log does not seem to list any..

I do not know what are these drivers are for though from event viewer, it says that those drivers are of service control manager event 7026. Those entries don't show up on msconfig. Also, yes I have tried scanning with live CDs and CIS and CCE (both CIS and CCE are comodo products while I tried live CDs from Comodo and Microsoft). Nothing suspicious spotted. Yes, there were unrepairable files.

Last edited:
Back