Windows 7 The Parameter is Incorrect

wolfstarq50

Hi I've been having probelms with my laptop and after trying system restore, scanning my computer for problems and finding nothing i decided to do the factory image restore (i've already backed all my files onto USBS but the problem is after clicking yes and next as soon as I said i wanted to restore my computer a message popped up saying "The Parameter is Incorrect" if i click enter it just brings me back to the screen asking if i'm sure i want to do it. Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong with my computer and if there is any way that i can just reset my computer and delete everything on it?

Restoring to factory defaults should be covered on the manufacturers website. Since each one has its own procedures, it is best to go there for an answer to your question.

But if this is a laptop, normally a specific F key is used to bring up the restore options. There may also be a backup partition on the hard drive used to restore the image. Please check with the manufacturer.

I am getting the same error message 0x80070057 when trying to make a system repair disc. I can do a system image and complete backup. I am worried that I might have the same problem if I had to restore from image since I cannot make the repair bootable disc.

You are using a CD and not a DVD to make the repair Disc?

I found quite a few postings about the Parameter Incorrect message. The above was one, but perhaps some of the others might help.

If they do not, you might try another type of drive (USB or internal), or media.

Back