Windows 7 The Version of this file is not compatible...

jakedude101102

Hello, I have a problem with my IBuypower desktop. I have only had it for 3 months, and recently I've had this problem when trying to open certain programs. This is the message that pops up. "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." This happens every time I try to run Command Prompt. This also happened to me when ever I opened up Guild Wars 2 when I had the free trial a few weekends ago. And recently (yesterday) World of Warcraft has been freezing on me. It all of a sudden happened out of nowhere, and after re-installing it, it still does it.. I've been running AVG and Total Defense Security Center, and both say there is nothing harmful on my computer. When I start up my computer, the computer checks the disks and says there is a file or program that was recently downloaded that needs to be removed, but I do not know what it is. I can't seem to find a solution to this anywhere online. Do I need to re-install Windows? I also just got blue screen. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a problem with my IBuypower desktop.This happens every time I try to run Command Prompt.

This is problem 1.

And recently (yesterday) World of Warcraft has been freezing on me.

This is problem 2.

When I start up my computer, the computer checks the disks and says there is a file or program that was recently downloaded that needs to be removed, but I do not know what it is.

This is problem 3.

I also just got blue screen.

This is problem 4.

I suggest you open separate posts for each problem with appropriate titles so it can be easier for people to help. The BSOD issue should go into the BSOD section of the forum.

Which problem is most pressing for you now and have you solved any of them since you posted this?

Back
Top Bottom