Windows 7 Themes Issue

Sn0wCrack

Well I had just been using a Mac theme and I was changing back to normal, but when I did everything was weird...

The Close, Maximize, Minimize were small and rectangular.
I can't even open the explorer to veiw files
Nor can I change themes back I have been using WindowsBlinds, to change to a basic blocky grey theme.

Can anyone help?
Or at least tell me what happened?

Probably caused by WindowsBlinds, are you using a licensed and 7 compatible version? Are you trying to change themes from WB or from windows Personalization?

Could be one of a few things.

Are you in Classic Mode?
Did Windowsblinds "unpatch" your system files but hasn't done a clean job of it? (I don't know if WB patches system files, never use it). Download this app. It can patch the three files required to run a 3rd party theme, but more importantly for you, it will tell you if they are patched or not.
(Daft one) Have you rebooted? I would be tempted to do a general clean-up as well as a full Disk Cleanup and reboot.

When you say a blocky Grey Theme, is everything like that or just parts of it? How far down the modified files road are you? if not far it may be worth running
sfc /scannow to put all your system files back to their correct state.

Lastly (for now) can you put a screen shot up?

Last edited:
Probably caused by WindowsBlinds, are you using a licensed and 7 compatible version? Are you trying to change themes from WB or from windows Personalization?
Well when I change from the weird theme to anothor, I can't even open Control Panel.
So WindowBlinds, is the only way to change themes.

Could be one of a few things.

Are you in Classic Mode?
Did Windowsblinds "unpatch" your system files but hasn't done a clean job of it? (I don't know if WB patches system files, never use it). Download this app. It can patch the three files required to run a 3rd party theme, but more importantly for you, it will tell you if they are patched or not.
(Daft one) Have you rebooted? I would be tempted to do a general clean-up as well as a full Disk Cleanup and reboot.

When you say a blocky Grey Theme, is everything like that or just parts of it? How far down the modified files road are you? if not far it may be worth running
sfc /scannow to put all your system files back to their correct state.

Lastly (for now) can you put a screen shot up?
I have patched my files before, Yes I rebooted, The Grey theme is like a Default theme
It's Windows Classic in WindowBlinds.

And a Screen of what exactly(A bit confused)

I meant a screenshot of your desktop. If for example, you were using a 3rd party theme in Windows and the files weren't patched correctly then you'd most likely end up with a Classic Style taskbar.

I meant a screenshot of your desktop. If for example, you were using a 3rd party theme in Windows and the files weren't patched correctly then you'd most likely end up with a Classic Style taskbar.
Not the case with, me my task bar is just weird in any theme that is Aero based.
There is an arrow when there are, more than 1 running.
I can't open the file explorer or Control Panel

1. Reboot -> F8 -> System Restore
2. Boot from 7 install DVD -> Recovery options -> Command Prompt -> sfc /scannow

Back
Top Bottom