Windows 7 Themes

Hi, i would like to merge all my themes into one theme. Can this be done and is so how?
Thanks in advance.
I see that no one replied to you, so I'll try to answer. If you mean background themes, than the easiest way is to do it manually.

First create folder for your images, in Documents folder for example. Call it AllThemes or something similar.
Dump in the folder all background images that you want - you just drag them from their initial location.
Right click on the desktop - select Personalize. The screen that will open shows your available themes.
On the bottom of the screen you see four options - Desktop Background, Window Color, Sounds and Screen Saver.
Click Desktop Background (it doesn't matter which theme is selected) and the new screen, that will open, displays the images of that theme.
Find "Picture Location" on the top and select "Browse" option.
In the popup that will open for browsing, find the folder with all your images that you chose in the previous step. Select that folder.
All your images will appear, click "Select All" option and then "Save Changes".
You will be prompted back to the My Themes screen again, with the selected folder appears as "Unsaved Theme".
Click on "Save Theme", call it what you want and save.

Now you have new theme created by you. You can click on Desktop Background again to select theme's properties and appearance, including the frequency of replacing images.
You can also use one of the existing themes and dump additional images in there, but if you create custom theme it's better to create separate folder. Hope this works for you. :cool:

Hi, thanks for your suggestion but i have already tried it before. What i mean is how to join the pictures on the themes i downloaded for windows website with my own pictures to make one big giant theme.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion but i have already tried it before. What i mean is how to join the pictures on the themes i downloaded for windows website with my own pictures to make one big giant theme.
Well, in that case you need to work with photoshop or at least with Paint programs and manually design whatever you need. No one can actually explain you how to do it, you just need to create it by yourself.

I know i have to do the creation myself but how do i access the windows pictures so i can join it together with mine

See in my previous answer - when you click on Desktop Background and see all the background images, you can select any of them and drag to your desktop.

All the background pictures are stored on the main hard drive. This is usually the C: drive. Ok, so to get at the default pictures that came with Windows, go to your local disk drive, the go to a folder called "Windows", then go to the folder "Web", then finally there is a folder inside called "Wallpaper". All the pictures are organized into different folders such as "Architecture" or "Nature". If you want to access the pictures from a theme that you downloaded then go to C:\Users\[Your Account Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes. Like Nekros said, you are going to need a program like Adobe Photoshop to make your custom background. If you do not have Photoshop I would recommend getting Paint.net or Gimp. I prefer Paint.net because it has a nicer interface with plugin support. You can find it and download it at Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom