Windows 7 Thought I was Administrator

B-Cat

Hi Everyone,

How come I keep getting admin prompts and warnings and sometimes am even told I need to seek admin permission to do things even though my account is an admin account??

Many thanks

Dan :)

It is built in security in Windows 7. You can stop most of it (and lower yoor security warning a little!) by turning off the UAC

Just in case:
open msconfig - tools tab
Click "Change UAC settings" and "launch"
Wind it down to the bottom.

UAC is a pain that's for sure but it's there to protect your computer to stop any malicious code that could use your permission level to trash your system, admin in any windows system since vista always runs with a normal user "token" and needs permission to execute anything that requires admin permissions ;)

you can turn off the behaviour of the elevation prompt for admins in the group policy editor but do you really want to :frown:

When setting UAC to Never Notify make sure you have a good anti-virus software, spyware detector and personal firewall.

Thanks for the responses guys,

Basically I couldn't edit any song info in iTunes, I turned UAC off and now I can :D

But As you have said I know that UAC is a good saftey feature, but haveing it on - even the lowerest setting, stops me editing in iTunes :confused:

Back
Top Bottom