threads

Peterr

Fantastic Member
I joined hoping to post a question and establish a thread.
I did this a while ago - 3 weeks..
After I posted, I received a quick link or referral which I needed help with so I posted back..
I was hoping someone would answer but no one ever did.
This not my forum so I cannot make the rules but if you only get one shot, it is hard to solve a problem.
Could someone please enlighten me about this forum so I can decide what to do in the future?
There is another Win 7 forum which has a face much like this one.
Thank you

please understand that we can only reply to the post if we know about the topic, if people dont know then how can people repsond accurately.

some members are better in areas than others and vise versa,

if you want ill try n help you but if its something im unaware of then ill only use the good old source google :)

I don't think I made my point clearly. I was just saying I asked for help about a specific issue and after one reply, never got any more answers
The topic and issue was straight forward. but no one seemd to join in.. Are the members and adnins outnumberede as happens in some forums?
I wish I could help but I am one who needs it occasionally.
Maybe I can help now as it had to do with homegroups and file sharing.
Homegroup:
If someone is having trouble trying to get a second pc to accept the password from the 1st pc, use an ethernet cable and join the 2nd pc to the router while you do the password. For some reason this allows you to have the 2nd pc accept the password.
I hope this helps someone and the next time I have a question I will come back to see how things go.
This is not the appropriate place for homegroups but I happend to be here to reply to your message so thought it would not hurt to leave this little bit of help here. Feel free to move it to networking if you wish.
Regards
Peter

Hi Peterr,

Whenever I enter the Forum I always go straight to the New Posts page and work my way through them. Looking for something that I may be able to help with.

I'll be honest, I only read your other thread after reading this one so it would have been one of those that slipped through my "net". Having said that, I couldn't have helped you with your problem anyway! ;)

yout post made me chuckle Elmer

Whenever I enter the Forum I always go straight to the New Posts page and work my way through them. Looking for something that I may be able to help with.

I'll be honest, I only read your other thread after reading this one so it would have been one of those that slipped through my "net".

showing willingness and appologetic :D

then you replied with a low blow and put

I couldn't have helped you with your problem anyway!
lmfao

sorry elmer this is no dig but i thought how you put that was amazin and truly funny

Are the members and adnins outnumberede as happens in some forums?

Not at all :)

Could you direct us to your thread? It may be an issue of clarity or sophistication that resulted in so few replies. I'd be more than happy to take a look.

Thanks for using Windows7Forums.com :)

im a member who wants to help others
if you want ill try n help you

i would also like to be a party of the team one day if im allowed (fully fledged one wth fancy red writing )

i want to help those who strive for information and know tht windows7forums will be able to assist any body that needs the help

what ya say Mitchell_A, quite a resonable approach dont ya think :)

It was qbout 3 weeks ago and I will try to locate it. The issue is resolved as I pointed out in the post that was moved. it had to do with attaching an ethernet cable from the laptop to the router to allow the password to be received into the laptop.
I will look and thank you for replying.
Peter

im a member who wants to help others

i would also like to be a party of the team one day if im allowed (fully fledged one wth fancy red writing )

i want to help those who strive for information and know tht windows7forums will be able to assist any body that needs the help

what ya say Mitchell_A, quite a resonable approach dont ya think :)

Rome wasn't built in a day, my friend. :)

All of our staff members have earned their position on the site over time, professionalism and hard work.
We aren't currently accepting moderator applications.

However, I encourage you to remain active on the forum. Your help does notgo unnoticed, and some day we may have the honor of bringing you on-board our team :)

It was qbout 3 weeks ago and I will try to locate it. The issue is resolved as I pointed out in the post that was moved. it had to do with attaching an ethernet cable from the laptop to the router to allow the password to be received into the laptop.
I will look and thank you for replying.
Peter
If your issue was resolved, than don't worry about it :)

Mike admin help

Mike
I found the thread I had told you about and I was wrong. There were replies to my initial post.
I deeply apologize.
It must have been another post or forum named Win 7 forum as I recall asking but getting one reply.
This forum certainly helped in this thread so please accept my apologies.
I guess I am off to a rocky start. i am going to look further.
Peter

I did find a thread and sent it to Mike as admin.
It had ample replies. I noticed if I look under forum actions, I find mine and they are there for you to view.
As you say however, it is a moot point now and I look forward to having a friendly time asking and hopefully answering issues.
Thank you for your patience.
Perhaps now i can level off. I have posted a question so we will see how I do.
Peter

Code:
Rome wasn't built in a day, my friend. 

All of our staff members have earned their position on the site over time, professionalism and hard work.
We aren't currently accepting moderator applications.

However, I encourage you to remain active on the forum. Your help does notgo unnoticed, and some day we may have the honor of bringing you on-board our team

i fully appreciate this and i will continue to show willingness and good activity within the forum to portray i do wnt to be a part of the team and help as many people as possible, i understand this will take time to get noticed for the rite reason but i hope that you and the admins will see good potential and take into conisderation when you are looking for staff :)

I joined hoping to post a question and establish a thread.
I did this a while ago - 3 weeks..
After I posted, I received a quick link or referral which I needed help with so I posted back..
I was hoping someone would answer but no one ever did.
This not my forum so I cannot make the rules but if you only get one shot, it is hard to solve a problem.
Could someone please enlighten me about this forum so I can decide what to do in the future?
There is another Win 7 forum which has a face much like this one.
Thank you

It is important to note, as well, that our staff is comprised of volunteers and staff who have experience in both information technology, but first and foremost, dealing with forum management and individuals. Many of our forum staff are busy working behind the scenes combating spam bots, relaying information back and forth in our staff forum, and engaging in moderator duties. This is the first priority for most of the staff on the site, with answering questions when available coming in at a distant second. An assumption cannot be made that we cannot answer all, or even some questions at any given time, although many of our staff and long-term members have encouraged themselves to do so. This is because, in my view, they have realized that when they needed help, they were able to receive it from someone else.

The goal and vision of this site is for information to be transparent, and therefore, how you word a thread, how concise the information is in it, and how much of a priority it is to other members of the Windows community can all play a role in how many responses you receive. While not everyone will receive a response, if your thread is titled and worded in such a way that other people may search on the same problem using Google, Bing, or Yahoo, it is quite possible you would receive an answer down the road.

Since we can give no guarantee that our staff members themselves can always respond to every post (this is not our goal), we do try our best to answer posts when the availability presents itself. Most of us have lives outside of the website, but work studiously on the website when available. Because staff members are essentially moderators, unless stated otherwise, the goal, for example, of most staff members, is to maintain order and resolve disputes on the forum. In the case of Mitchell, he provides answers to questions such as these and is available for planning a response to community questions and news. As the site continues to evolve, the role each member players on the site has changed as well. Often times, I am busy with the programming aspects of the site, whereas in the past I was more concerned with aesthetics. Randy Baker (Trouble) is a CCNA site admin, and you will often find him responding to some of the more difficult questions. Internally, he is providing important information about concerns and ideas that may affect the site in the future.

Overall, when and if moderators respond to threads and posts is entirely up to them, although you may find that they are good natured and willing to do so. We also have stipulations that if moderators aren't moderating and just lurking about the site that they should at least post something every once in awhile - usually that will come in the form of an answer to a question or an important news related item re: Microsoft technology such as Windows 7.

So wherefore we are all committed to helping our community, the goal of the website is ultimately to be an information repository where members are capable of answering each others questions. The best and most popular threads on the forum which you will find, have involved an enormous amount of community contribution. This could never be possible if only moderators and admins answered messages. I hope that this explains the role of the Windows 7 Forums staff.

And yes, you are correct that there are many other forums trying to provide the same service. Of those services, we have tried to work with them in the past, but they are engaged in their own goals, which may not be the same as ours. In all instances, we are trying to put our members first and, at least in my case, my vision for the future of this site is to make sure that our members have the best possible technology at their disposal to actually send messages, customize profiles, create social groups, and make use of all of the website's features. I work directly with the vBulletin pre-release team and Crawlability, Inc. to provide bug reports and occasional feature proposals. I believe that this, in the long term, is in the best interest of the website.

Last year saw us integrate Facebook into the site and provide many other features which allowed many members to participate easily on the site. We also increased our anti-spam measures, as forum sites are a prime target for spam due to their open nature.

Ultimately, if your question is not answered to your satisfaction, you may express such in your thread. However, if you receive no response after an extended duration of time, it is quite possible no one knows the answer to this question, or more information needs to be provided. Under all circumstances, however, while we try our best to both moderate and answer every single question, we are keenly aware that such a proposition is not possible for our moderator group. We keep in close communication on important internal issues and you would be surprised at the level of internal discussion that does go on between admins on a weekly and even daily basis.

I hope that this is a complete answer for you regarding this issue. Thank you.

This is Peter.
I received an email from a person I thought was an admin who said that because the issue was resolved to forget about it.
It is very important to me for you, kaos, to know that I am not complaining in the least. That is not like me.
The problem with emailing as opposed to talking is that inflection is ommited.
I am perfectly happy with this forum.
I got off to a poor start as although I read the forum protocol, I guess I made some errors. The forum did not make any errors.
I posted in the wrong place for example. In trying to acclimate I probably have caused a problem. I will explore more and familiarize myself further with this forum to avoid any future issues.
I was trying to inquire about questions and am more than grateful for any support i receive. I cannot begin to comprehend the work it takes to stay current and perform all the asks you have before you.
I appreciate your very lengthy letter and if you knew me and the type of person I am you would know any problem was not intentional.
I am so sorry you had to type so much.
I am embarrased because I am not a whinner especially when people are trying to help me.
I hope I can help someone with a question but I am not very techy.
I expect to wait in line like everyone else, aslo.
An example is that I had a question about Windows 7 backup and recovery program and posted in the discussion area. After awhile, I thought it should have been in the software forum. I then placed it in the software foum. I di no do this becauseI was anxious for an answer. i did it because I had placed it in th wrong section.
Perhaps this is why you are writing to me as I should not have cross posted. Or perhaps this is yet another infraction. If it is I am sorry and please correct me.
Please accept my apologies if i have offended anyone here as I joined hoping to enjoy a long , enjoyable time with new forum acquaintances.
I will post with extreme care to the site I should post to. I shall wait for an answer and do undertsand why,sometimes there will be no answer.
if I eceive an answer I will be courteous and thank that person.
Thank you for enlightening me and I read every word.
I hope I can start out on a better foot if there has been and offense by me.
Regards,
Peter

This is Peter.
I received an email from a person I thought was an admin who said that because the issue was resolved to forget about it.
It is very important to me for you, kaos, to know that I am not complaining in the least. That is not like me.
The problem with emailing as opposed to talking is that inflection is ommited.
I am perfectly happy with this forum.
I got off to a poor start as although I read the forum protocol, I guess I made some errors. The forum did not make any errors.
I posted in the wrong place for example. In trying to acclimate I probably have caused a problem. I will explore more and familiarize myself further with this forum to avoid any future issues.
I was trying to inquire about questions and am more than grateful for any support i receive. I cannot begin to comprehend the work it takes to stay current and perform all the asks you have before you.
I appreciate your very lengthy letter and if you knew me and the type of person I am you would know any problem was not intentional.
I am so sorry you had to type so much.
I am embarrased because I am not a whinner especially when people are trying to help me.
I hope I can help someone with a question but I am not very techy.
I expect to wait in line like everyone else, aslo.
An example is that I had a question about Windows 7 backup and recovery program and posted in the discussion area. After awhile, I thought it should have been in the software forum. I then placed it in the software foum. I di no do this becauseI was anxious for an answer. i did it because I had placed it in th wrong section.
Perhaps this is why you are writing to me as I should not have cross posted. Or perhaps this is yet another infraction. If it is I am sorry and please correct me.
Please accept my apologies if i have offended anyone here as I joined hoping to enjoy a long , enjoyable time with new forum acquaintances.
I will post with extreme care to the site I should post to. I shall wait for an answer and do undertsand why,sometimes there will be no answer.
if I eceive an answer I will be courteous and thank that person.
Thank you for enlightening me and I read every word.
I hope I can start out on a better foot if there has been and offense by me.
Regards,
Peter

Sorry my earlier confusion regarding your topic. I assumed you had a problem with your computer that had been resolved. I wanted to see your thread so I could help, otherwise.
We have members posting in the wrong sections of the forum all the time, this is a daily issue we all deal with.
If you realized you have posted in the wrong area, please send a message to any of our staff members, who can move the thread for you. It may or may not be done intentionally otherwise (I moved this thread to the Feedback area as it really didn't have anything to do with the discussion of Windows 7). Also be aware that an auto-moderation message is sent to users when their posts/threads are moved/deleted/etc, You can reply directly to that message to collaborate with the staff member who moderated the content originally.

No infractions have been issued because you haven't done anything wrong, though I am still slightly confused about your original issue: Was it in relation to the support you received on a thread, or the forum itself?

We appreciate your activity here on the forums, and I would like to take this time to formally welcome you to Windows7Forums.com :)
You can contact me directly with any issues regarding the site.

Last edited:
Re: Mike admin help

Mike
I found the thread I had told you about and I was wrong. There were replies to my initial post.
I deeply apologize.
It must have been another post or forum named Win 7 forum as I recall asking but getting one reply.
This forum certainly helped in this thread so please accept my apologies.
I guess I am off to a rocky start. i am going to look further.
Peter

Use Feedback Forum, Contact Us, PM, or e-mail to contact us directly. I have moved this out of the Windows 7 Networking thread and would never have found it if I wasn't notified by another admin. If you are new to forums in general it is highly advisable to read over the entire FAQ at Link Removed - Invalid URL and follow our on-page instructions in many areas of the site. There is also a Windows 7 video tutorial center on YouTube at YouTube - Windows7Forums's Channel which contains some information on how to use more advanced forum features.

It may be wise that we expand upon that concept in video format in the future, but these will give you a good idea.

Of course there is also the Terms of Service agreement at Link Removed due to 404 Error and the various descriptions of each forum which should help you on your way.

Remember, the more concise, direct, and descriptive both your title and message are, the easier it will be for people around the world to find the information if they too are searching on the same issue.

Best,
Mike

Re: Mike admin help

Please don't feel like you have done anything wromg
You might have just been a little anxious for the issue to be resolved. I'm sure every one wants their pc fixing or having some one helping them . We don't single people out nor purposely ignore peoples posts . I can almost certain this site treats.people fairly and does not assume people no things aboutIT.

Think clear
Be positive
And don't be a stranger on the forums

You might not be a expert on windows it a major programmer but it might be one thing that you might no that other people font

Head up high n smile

Sorry for any bad grammar or spelling I did this on my touch screen phone lol

Hello
Thank you for taking the time to write. I think it would be good to start from scratch if that is ok with you. I just noticed, in my email, have an answer to my query in the networking area. It is what I needed and much appreciated.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be back and will try to abide by the forum rules and perhaps be able to help someone else.
Peter

Back