Windows 7 Thunderbird settings.. postbox?

t8769

I have 4 email accounts, is there any way to can get these all in one In box and on Out box, insetad of having them seperated seperately with seperate In boxes?

Thanks

PS
Anyone used Postbox email client?

In T-bird 3.1 (the latest and IMHO best version of T-Bird) after setting up your accounts click view>folders and choose "unified".
In T-bird 3.0.x view>folders "smart folder".
In T-Bird 3.0.x the default is smart folder.

Hope that helps.

BTW, T-bird 3.0.x and 3.1 both use a wizard to help setting up accounts.
Be aware that setting up a gmail account the default is IMAP and not POP3.
There is an edit feature that allows you to change to POP3 before you accept the settings.
In either case the incoming and outgoing gmail server address's are incorrect.
They are not pop.googlemail.com (incoming) and smtp.googlemail.com (outgoing).
The correct settings are pop.gmail.com (incoming) and smtp.gmail.com (outgoing).

Thanks for the info.

Is it possible in the latest version, I don't see any option to do unified.

Does this mean I'll always have to use an old version to have all my emails together?

Thanks

Tony

PS. DO you know how to impot from Windows Live Mail. I've been trying for months to do this but no luck. The AddOn doesn't recognise Windows Mail and so can't be used.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info.

Is it possible in the latest version, I don't see any option to do unified.

Does this mean I'll always have to use an old version to have all my emails together?

Thanks

Tony

PS. DO you know how to impot from Windows Live Mail. I've been trying for months to do this but no luck. The AddOn doesn't recognise Windows Mail and so can't be used.

Thanks!
Just tried the "unified" feature in my copy of Thunderbird 3.1.
It is right there in the view>folders menu of the main Window.
The option isn't there in a window that appears when you open an email.

No I don't know how to import from Windows Live Mail.
Import what?
What Addon are you referring to?

Hi

Yes, I see it in 3.1, thanks..

Its just that this seems to be an old version, and the latest version does not have it.

I wanted to import my messages from Windows Mail to Thunderbird.
There's an AddOn that's stupposed to help with this, but it won't work with Windows Mail

Cheers

Thanks

Hi

Yes, I see it in 3.1, thanks..

Its just that this seems to be an old version, and the latest version does not have it.

I wanted to import my messages from Windows Mail to Thunderbird.
There's an AddOn that's stupposed to help with this, but it won't work with Windows Mail

Cheers

Thanks

What do you mean "an old version"?
Thunderbird 3.1 is the very latest version of Thunderbird.

There is no Thunderbird 3.7.
Thunderbird 3.1 is the latest.
If you know about something different how about a link to the D\L.

One more thing

I unified the folders, as you suggested, but messages are still seperated into different accounts.

I have 3 email addresses, i'd like them in one In box and one Out box, but there's a copy of the message in the In Box, but also a copy of the message in that email address's box.

How can I just have it go to one box.

Many thanks

T

One more thing

I unified the folders, as you suggested, but messages are still seperated into different accounts.

I have 3 email addresses, i'd like them in one In box and one Out box, but there's a copy of the message in the In Box, but also a copy of the message in that email address's box.

How can I just have it go to one box.

Many thanks

T
Not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish here.

I have 3 email addresses, emails to these email addresses are stored seperatedly in the box of each email address.

I'd like to have them all together in one In box

thanks

I think I've worked it out.

This only happens when the In Box is expanded, and this can be seen. But it seems that all In box emails are displayed in the Main In box.

Problem solved.

Thanks!!

Having all email accounts in one box is a feature\bug of Outlook Express and also Windows Live Mail.
I personally didn't like this, preferring to see each individual inbox.
Every version of T-Bird has offered the user the option of individual inboxes in one way or another.
The latest T-Bird versions have made this option easier.
I personally don't use the unify folder feature of T-Bird since I prefer to see each individual inbox.
I was going to post the solution to your problem but it looks like you solved it.

Done... thanks

One more thing.. perhaps you can advise me

I love the softwar, but when I open an email I have to close it manually by clicking it closed.

On all the other software I've used I just use the Close command that's set up on my mouse.

Is there any way to close an opened email using teh Alt F4, close keyboard command, and not having to manually close it by clicking on the x box?

Thanks!

Done... thanks

One more thing.. perhaps you can advise me

I love the softwar, but when I open an email I have to close it manually by clicking it closed.

On all the other software I've used I just use the Close command that's set up on my mouse.

Is there any way to close an opened email using teh Alt F4, close keyboard command, and not having to manually close it by clicking on the x box?

Thanks!
I don't know about that, perhaps the mozilla forum can help.

Hi

Thanks for the tips earlier.

Can you give your opinion on a problem with folders?

I used the Unify option and all emails from different accounts were put into one In box.

I had to restore the PC to an earlier version, now the In box is empty.

There is an In box and unify is clicked, but all messages are only in the different account In boxes, the Unified In box is empty

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Back