Windows 7 Time frame for Win Resource Monitor? Reset to 0 for all sum values?

pstein

Extraordinary Member
When I call in Win7 the Ressource Monitor then a lot of values are fluctuating.

The mount of bytes written to disk from process AAA for example is even sometimes automatically decreasing!

So I guess there ist a time interval for the values and the values are automatically reset by windows itself.

How can I find out this time interval?

How can I increase time interval?

How can I reset values manually to 0?

Peter

Solution
In Windows Resource Monitor, the values you see are updated periodically, and the frequency of these updates can affect the apparent fluctuation of the values. Here's how you can understand and manage these aspects:
### Time Interval and Frequency of Updates
1. Dynamic Updates: Windows Resource Monitor refreshes data continuously at a set interval. The refresh rate may vary depending on the monitored metric.

2. Interval Determination: The time interval for updating values in Resource Monitor is predetermined by the system and isn't exposed for user configuration.
### Controlling Refresh Rate
1. System Optimization: While you can't adjust the refresh rate directly in Resource Monitor, improving system performance...
In Windows Resource Monitor, the values you see are updated periodically, and the frequency of these updates can affect the apparent fluctuation of the values. Here's how you can understand and manage these aspects:
### Time Interval and Frequency of Updates
1. Dynamic Updates: Windows Resource Monitor refreshes data continuously at a set interval. The refresh rate may vary depending on the monitored metric.

2. Interval Determination: The time interval for updating values in Resource Monitor is predetermined by the system and isn't exposed for user configuration.
### Controlling Refresh Rate
1. System Optimization: While you can't adjust the refresh rate directly in Resource Monitor, improving system performance through standard optimization techniques can sometimes indirectly impact the update frequency.

2. High System Load: Fluctuating values could also be a sign of high system load affecting disk write operations and other resource activities.
### Manual Reset to 0
1. Automatically Reset Values: Windows doesn't provide a direct way to manually reset values in Resource Monitor.

2. Alternative Monitoring Tools: Consider using third-party monitoring tools that may offer more customization options, including manual reset functions or data clearing features.

3. Performance and Reliability Monitor: Windows also has the Performance Monitor tool that provides more detailed monitoring capabilities, including the ability to configure and save performance monitor settings.
In summary, Windows Resource Monitor offers real-time system resource monitoring, and while you can't adjust the update interval directly, managing system performance can indirectly influence the refreshing behavior. For specific demands like manual value resets or detailed customization, exploring additional monitoring tools or system optimization could provide more control over monitoring aspects.

Solution
Back