Toddler served margarita instead of apple juice in Applebee's mix-up

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by cybercore, Apr 13, 2011.

  1. cybercore

    cybercore New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2009
    Messages:
    15,823
    Likes Received:
    321
    US restaurant chain Applebee's has been forced to apologise after a toddler was served margarita mix in his beaker instead of apple juice.

    [​IMG]

    Fifteen-month-old Dominic Dill-Reese was found to have enough alcohol in his blood to be over the adult drink-drive limit when he was rushed to hospital in Michigan, but thankfully escaped serious harm.

    His mother, Taylor, had noticed the toddler had been acting strangely, but didn't realise the cause until she took a sip of what she thought was apple juice before leaving the restaurant in Madison Heights.

    'He was saying hi and bye to the walls. He eventually laid his head down on the table and we thought maybe he was just sleepy,' she explained.

    No one at the table had ordered any alcoholic drinks and it is thought the incident occurred because of a mislabelled bottle behind the bar.

    More Toddler served margarita instead of apple juice in Applebee's mix-up
     

Share This Page

Loading...