Windows 7 Touchpad in Toshiba Satalite A200

ahmedshakwi

I Have Toshiba A200 and i setup winos 7 64bit build 7127 but i can not install touchpad driver it`s not working not more
what can i do :mad: please help me

What is the full Model Number of your laptop? (A200-XXXX)

Windows 7 didn't install a driver when you ran Windows Updates? ;) Any laptop I've had I never bothered installing a touchpad driver.. I just let Windows install whatever driver it felt was suitable and they always worked exactly how they were supposed to..

I notice you said you installed the 64-bit version of Win 7.. Well it could be that there just aren't any 64-bit drivers available for your specific model yet.. You have to remember Win 7 is still in RC stages and as such some drivers won't be available yet.. Developers are starting to pump them out but it's going to take some more time before there all out.. ;) In the meantime you may want to go to the 32-bit version rather than wait around for a driver to be released..

This is why it's good to take the time to do a little research PRIOR to installing a BETA or RC OS.. By taking the time to look up your model, you'll know going into it whether or not the driver support is available for your rig.. Which in turn will tell you if installing the RC is really a good idea for your machine...

Thanks for this good reply for me ...really i will make update now may be this is the reson and if this update not make any affect i will try to install 32 Bit may be this is the problem

Did It really helped you changing to a 32 bit version?
A just installed a 32bit version of windows 7 on an a a200 and I am intrested how did it work out for you
First driver which I wanted to install is the touchpad driver (scrolling does not work), but if there are other problems (not supported devices and drivers) I go back to vista32.

guess what ? my touchpad does not work , also

I installed win7 32 bit on toshiba laptop a200- PSAE6E , and i cannot move the pointer ; the only thing that works is illumination when I touch the pad ; I installed the latest synaptic drivers (32 bit ) and I set up illumination to convince myself that is not actually some hardware-related problem; I switched to win7 from Ubuntu because of the touchpad ( stopped working under linux also ), and was hoipng to get a fix after moving to windows , but I'm a little bit dissapointed . I wonder if anyone with more experience has got a solution .

guess what ? my touchpad does not work , also

I installed win7 32 bit on toshiba laptop a200- PSAE6E , and i cannot move the pointer ; the only thing that works is illumination when I touch the pad ; I installed the latest synaptic drivers (32 bit ) and I set up illumination to convince myself that is not actually some hardware-related problem; I switched to win7 from Ubuntu because of the touchpad ( stopped working under linux also ), and was hoipng to get a fix after moving to windows , but I'm a little bit dissapointed . I wonder if anyone with more experience has got a solution .

Last edited:
Hi,

just install yesterday Win7 Ultimate (32bits) on my Toshiba A200 PSAE6E and the touchpad is work fine, after I install this soft from toshiba, here a link to it: Link Removed - Invalid URL

its all working like wen I bought it. Is scrolling, the blue light of shortcuts is everything wworking fine.

Last edited:
Back