Windows 7 touchscreen gone

maeve1941

Hi, I bought a Sony Vaio (touchscreen, all in one) a couple of years ago and it came with windows 7 64 bit installed (along with a lot of rubbish programs). I decided to download windows 8 and bought an upgrade but I had so much trouble I went back to windows 7 installed from 4 backup discs. Now this won't work so I installed a full copy of windows 7 that I bought for my laptop (which is now dead). I am using that now but I have lost my touchscreen! It is a Sony Vaio VPCL138FG. I hope somebody can help me download the right driver!
I installed a driver for it but it is not not working. Should I have installed windows 64 bit instead of 32 bit. Thanks in advance.

From everything I can find it looks like the folks at Sony really wanted that particular machine to run the 64 bit version of Windows 7
http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/405615/product/vpcl138fg

At least I cannot find the equivalent page representing a 32 bit installation.
Good luck.

Hi, Thank you very much, I will try downloading the touch driver and let you know. If it doesn't work I will start again and install the 64bit. It will give this old lady something to do. I do not want to spend money taking it to the experts. Thanks again!

Hi Trouble,
Thanks, finally got it up and going. For some reason I couldn't install windows 7 from the Vaio discs so installed the windows 8 64bit upgrade but couldn't activate it as it is only an upgrade. I turned off messages re: activation, so fingers crossed that all is OK.
(although they wouldn't let me get the media center as my disc wasn't activated.)
Anyway I installed the driver for the touchscreen from the link you gave me and voila, it worked. I also installed the Avermedia and NVIDIA drivers.
Thanks again,
Mavis Clark

Back
Top Bottom