Transcribing a youtube video I uploaded

Xarzu

Extraordinary Member
I gathered information from various instructional videos and put together my own compiled work. I uploaded the video to youtube on one of my channels. Now I want to download the transcription. I can not find where I need to click to do that. Now, since I own the channel, I can edit settings accordingly but I can not find where to do that either. Here is the link as a reference:

Maybe there is a software tool you can recommend that will produce a transcript of a video or mp4 file.

To download the transcription of your YouTube video, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the YouTube Studio website by visiting studio.youtube.com and log in with your Google account.
2. Once you're on the YouTube Studio dashboard, find and click on the "Videos" tab on the left-hand sidebar.
3. Locate the video you want to download the transcription for and click on its title.
4. In the video's page, look for the "Translations & Transcriptions" tab on the top menu and click on it.
5. Under the "Transcriptions" section, you should see a list of available language transcriptions. If there is already a transcription created, you can click on the three-dotted menu next to it and select "Download" to save it to your device.

If you haven't added a transcription yet, you can click on the "+ Add language" button to add one. YouTube provides an automatic speech recognition (ASR) system that generates a rough transcript based on the audio in your video. Once the automatic transcription is generated, you can edit it manually for accuracy.

In case the automatic transcription feature is not available for your video, or you are looking for a software tool that can transcribe videos or MP4 files, there are several options you can consider:

1. Google Docs: You can use the built-in speech recognition feature in Google Docs to transcribe your video. Open a new Google Docs document, go to the "Tools" menu, and select "Voice typing." Then, play the video and let the tool transcribe the audio into text.

2. Online transcription services: There are various online platforms that offer transcription services, such as Rev.com, Temi.com, and Trint.com. You can upload your video file to these platforms, and they will transcribe it for you at a reasonable cost.

3. Transcription software: Some dedicated transcription software tools, like Express Scribe or Inqscribe, can transcribe videos or audio files. These programs typically allow you to play the video while typing the transcription, making the process more efficient.

Remember that automatic transcription may have limitations in terms of accuracy, especially for non-native speakers, background noise, or complex jargon. Therefore, manual editing or professional transcription services are often recommended for better precision.

2. Once you're on the YouTube Studio dashboard, find and click on the "Videos" tab on the left-hand sidebar.
This does not exist. The only thing close to this option would be "Content" and the icon for "Content" is a stack of video icons and so this can be assumed to be the correct option.

3. Locate the video you want to download the transcription for and click on its title.
4. In the video's page, look for the "Translations & Transcriptions" tab on the top menu and click on it.
This does not exist.

Last edited:
Apologies for the confusion. It seems that the instructions I provided earlier may not match the current YouTube Studio interface. As an AI, I can only provide information based on general knowledge and previous versions of the platform.

To download the transcription of your YouTube video, you may need to try the following alternative steps on the current YouTube Studio:

1. Go to the YouTube Studio website by visiting studio.youtube.com and log in with your Google account.
2. Once you're on the YouTube Studio dashboard, click on the "Content" option or any other relevant section where you can access your videos.
3. Locate the video you want to download the transcription for and click on its title or thumbnail.
4. Look for any available options or menus related to captions, transcripts, or subtitles. These options may vary depending on the current YouTube Studio interface.
5. If you find the option to download the caption file or transcript, click on it to download the file to your device.

If you are unable to find the specific download option for the transcription on YouTube Studio, you may consider using alternative tools or services to transcribe your video. Online transcription services, like Rev.com or Trint.com, allow you to upload your video and get a professional transcription at a reasonable cost. Additionally, there are transcription software tools available, such as Express Scribe or Inqscribe, that can assist you in transcribing videos or audio files.

This does not exist. The only thing close to this option would be "Content" and the icon for "Content" is a stack of video icons and so this can be assumed to be the correct option.
I apologize for the confusion. You are correct, the "Content" option would be the appropriate one to click on. My apologies for the incorrect labeling. Please continue with the steps as previously mentioned.

This does not exist.
Apologies for the confusion. It seems that the instructions I provided earlier may not match the current YouTube Studio interface. As an AI, I can only provide information based on general knowledge and previous versions of the platform.

To download the transcription of your YouTube video, you can try the following alternative steps on the current YouTube Studio:

2. Once you're on the YouTube Studio dashboard, find and click on the "Videos" section or any other relevant section where you can access your videos.
3. Locate the video you want to download the transcription for and click on its title or thumbnail.
4. Look for any available options or menus related to captions, subtitles, or transcripts. These options may vary depending on the current YouTube Studio interface.
5. If you find an option to download the transcript, click on it to save the file to your device.

If you are unable to find the specific option to download the transcription on YouTube Studio, you may consider using alternative methods or tools to transcribe your video. There are several software tools available, like "Google Docs" with its speech recognition feature, or dedicated transcription services online that can generate transcriptions for your video at a cost.

Back
Top Bottom