Windows 10 Transfering photos

I'm pretty sure you have to use iTunes, but don't quote me on that I have never and will never use anything from Apple. :)

Apple iPhone uses iCloud to store photos on the Cloud, and Microsoft's Cloud storage uses OneDrive, they are incompatible and don't sync bidirectionally. There are workarounds that involve downloading your photos to your local PC, laptop, or tablet, and then re-uploading them to the MS Cloud, which is OneDrive. The converse is true also. Android, Blackberry, and WindowsPhone users have the same issue trying to get their photos over to an iPhone via Apple iCloud. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.:headache:

There are several companies making software that is supposed to fix this such as iSyncr for music files, and some others I can't think of at the moment for photos. Some of these are free, and some charge you money. I haven't seen one that works in both directions from the same program or even the same company.:down: Maybe someday but it's going to take some true heterogenous programming skills to accomplish this. Couple of decades ago I worked with a team that solved this problem for file transfers across Apple-IBM/Microsoft networks. And that was no easy thing.

If we hear of something, we will post it back here to this thread, so make sure you subcribe to the thread to get E-mail alerts.

Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi

I use Drop Box to transfer stuff from my iPad to my PC.
But if the phone works the same as the pad, you can also just plug the charging cord into a USB port and do it that way.

My wife on the other hand sends all her images from her Iphone to her PC via email.

Mike

Plug device into USB port on PC and file manager will display contents of device. You may select and copy from device to PC. I don't have an iPhone, but it works for iPad and 2 other phone makes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtatler is right … don't need any software … just plug your white iphone-cable into your computer's usb-port and access files from windows file-explorer … iphone is listed as a drive. you want to "copy" as opposed to "move" the files … just remember to "eject" once you finish. my device is iphone-3gs (os 6.1.3)… wouldn't surprise me if all iphones retain that capability. and, WillyBo, don't try the reverse scheme (pc to iphone).

you can use iCloud or iTunes. But I found it limited due to the system. You can try out some transfer tools. There are tons of apps in the application store. I recommend you AirMore. This tool is free and transfers files on web. No need to install the program on desktop. Connection is easy to be achieved via Radar or the QR code. Hv a try! You can google it.

Back