Tried updating drivers and uninstalling some known bsod causing programs. still having bsods

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by spcimnaerx, Jul 16, 2011.

1. spcimnaerx

spcimnaerx New Member

Hey guys, have some bsods that happen quite often.
    Do I have memory problems? Should I try memtest?

Attached Files:

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

spcimnaerx Hi and welcome.

These were virtually identical and blamed on memory corruption. Please run the following tests.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Driver verifier

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

I don't know much about the memory situation, but you do have some older drivers on your system so perhaps you know what they are for. It does not mean they are causing the problem, but something to see if you can get an updated version of.

MarvinBus MarvinBus.sys Fri Sep 23 16:17:57 2005 Possibly from Pinnacle...

giveio giveio.sys Wed Apr 03 21:33:25 1996 Seems to be for some type of mobile device...

mpc-hc.exe Seems to be a WMP substitute or codec of some type.

This one seems to be from Avast and perhaps not causing the problem, but possibly involved. Maybe it is just catching some type of security violation. aswSP.SYS