Trojan Alert

Well it's already quarantined so, just check the box and select remove
OK thanks friend. I just removed it. What's next?? I just don't think I'm infected and I think WD stopped the Trojan!
Hell I don't know any more what's going on. What do you want me to do next? I already ran MBAM anti-Rootkit. It was clean!

@holdum333 run another malware scanner as a "second opinion" to make yourself feel better. I use Malwarebytes too, but I also run HitmanPro. Home - SurfRight I really like it because it uses virus definitions from Sophos, Bitdefender and Kaspersky!

Hi @LoboVerde As I said friend! I have no freaking clue about all this. I don't think I was ever infected and I think WD stopped it.
I only reported it here because it happened while I was here on the forum.
I find that very strange that it would lay dormant, show up, and now every thing is clear, and nothing is showing up on any scans. I could do a full scan, but I really don't see any reason for doing that. I might if you really think that would solve this!
Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate you. Any more suggestions?? I will be glad to try them!

Yeah it's always nerve wracking whenever ya find a trojan or keylogger on your system :furious:! So I feel ya brother!

Hm, did WD tell you where that trojan was located on your system, My Documents, My Downloads, Desktop? Maybe that can give you a clue as to where you got it from?

Yeah it's always nerve wracking whenever ya find a trojan or keylogger on your system :furious:! So I feel ya brother!

Hm, did WD tell you where that trojan was located on your system, My Documents, My Downloads, Desktop? Maybe that can give you a clue as to where you got it from?
Hi friend. I was on this forum with nothing else open. I got a pop up saying WD just stopped a threat to my PC.
I then proceeded to report every thing here because I thought it would be important to the forum. That's it!
I had never ever seen that before. I'll catch Hell for this , but I'm the dreaded garybear and I fought with IObit for a long time when they stole data from MBAM. The Chinese tried to hack me 720+ times and MBAM stopped them every time. I was a VIP on IObit at the time. I have no use for a liar or a thief. You can Google garybear and you will find these things. I have nothing to hide and I'm not ashamed for what I did.
Now as Paul Harvey would say." And now you know the rest of the story" I will never lie or deceive any one here.
I love this forum and I will always be truthful. I love my MBAM also.:D
Thanks everyone! I love people and they seem to love me back.
PS I have totally screwed this thread up. I'm very sorry. Please do what ever needs to be done. Maybe it's a good learning tool. I don't know??

Hi friend! I can't even remember the last time I down loaded a program. The only down load App on my desk top is MCT
Thanks for your reply!

I will admit that I don't have a clue what went on tonight. I'm just saying I find it very hard to believe that I had a rootkit that was never found and laid dormant on my PC and then all of a sudden with WD running in real time with MBAM in real time, they
decided to alert me and then quarantine a Trojan.
At this time. I really don't care any more. I'm tried of all this and my brain needs a rest!:rofl:
Thanks to all that helped me tonight. You all are appreciated! I'm running another MBAM rootkit scan. Will see if it will attach!;)when it's done!
I will add it to this reply if the forum allows it! Hey @kemical where were you when I needed you my friend LMAO
OK it finished! No threats found, but the forum will not allow me to attach the screen shot.What is that all about??
I think I'm going crazy!
Good night!

I always say where there's a will there's away. This old country boy has no quit in his vocabulary. You tell me why it wouldn't let me attach it until I did another screen shot. There are too many weird things going on here! I have no answers.
Capture49.JPG

My friend @kemical will log on soon. I'll let him explain all this weird crap!.:rofl:
I'm not infected. I was never infected and I'm not going to get infected.:D:p

Hey Dougie my friend! It's your turn. Do you have a answer to all this weird crap. I do not have a clue.
I see you logged on. What's going on in Aussie land my friend!?? Going to storm in Oklahoma in the next few days!

Hi Gary.
I have been following this thread with interest, and the replies.
As far as "How I am going" I will PM you, my friend.:)

That is fair enough my old friend. I think any thing is possible, but I'm just not understanding WD and MBAM running in real time and not alerting me when this Trojan raised it's head; and then waiting to alert me some time latter. I have ran all the scans and there are no signs that My PC is infected.
My question is why did WD wait to alert me of this Trojan. You know me well my friend and you know you have to prove these kind of things to me. I'm just not buying any of this.
Thanks for your reply Dougie!
I'm garybear!

Fair enough my friend and now what?? Does WD and MBAM find a Trojan and wait to report it at a latter time,just to confuse me??
I have no infections on my PC at this time @kemical
Good night my friend. Be back about 12:00 PM:worship::worship: have a good one my friend and meet my friend Dougie from Australia!

I doubt you got the trojan here otherwise there would be more users complaining. Maybe you clicked on something when searching for an answer? Who knows?

I will of course mention this to Mike.

Glad to hear you got rid of the bug!

Hi Dougie! Nice to meet you mate!

Thanks @kemical I have no clue! I only reported what I thought happened friend. If it was coming from here, I wanted the staff to know about it.
I had never heard about WD reporting a Trojan after it was dormant. That was a new one to me.
I have known Dougie for a long time. We have had a few squabbles, but we always make up. Dougie is a good friend.
You may even be from the same time zone.
Thanks @kemical

I will give you my thoughts, GARY.
There is nothing in WD or MBAM real time Scanners, that allows for delayed reporting of infections found.
What I think may have happened, the Trojan has been stopped at the "Front Gate" and Quarantined.
Hence all further scans have found nothing, because there is nothing to be found.
Could have picked the Trojan up searching for a Live Link, maybe.

Thanks Dougie! We may never know. The best thing is that I don't have any malware and it's probably better left at that my friend.
It was very strange and I have never seen any thing like this before. That's why I reported it here on the forum.
I just wasn't going to buy the fact that it was setting on my PC and waiting to alert me some time in the future when the time was right.
Good night friend! Don't be a stranger Dougie! Post often and share your knowledge with us! This is not my first rodeo. I know you love hearing me say that. :rofl::rofl:

Back