Windows 7 trojans

gardnerman

Hi

"";"F:\Windows.old\ProgramFiles\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\util\ProfileWriteZ510.exe";"Trojanhorse Generic24.LYG";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"";"F:\Windows.old\ProgramFiles\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\util\ProfileLoadZ510.exe";"Trojanhorse Generic23.BNBU";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"";"F:\G card 64 install save\ProgramFiles\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\util\ProfileWriteZ510.exe";"Trojanhorse Generic24.LYG";"Moved to Virus Vault"
"";"F:\G card 64 install save\ProgramFiles\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\util\ProfileLoadZ510.exe";"Trojanhorse Generic23.BNBU";"Moved to Virus Vault"

Can anyone tell what these are and what they are trying to do please, I've googled and can't determine.
AVG found this on a scan today in files that have been on my PC for donkeys, someone posted on google to get rid of such things use Malawarebytes but I've got the latest version and it didn't even detect them.
AVG claims to have sorted it but I'd like to know what they are especially as they were in files on my second HDD and the program that's quoted is some old software I had for a Samsung phone I no longer use (haven't for a year or two now).
Having not even used this or done any updates I'm confused as to why this has suddenly popped up.
Thanks in advance
Richard

Last edited:
Further to Mikes answer, The F:\Windows.old shows that these are "back up files" from when you've done a repair install. I don't know how long ago you did the repair install but I'd say you could quite safely dump the Windows.old folder, possibly keeping any personal files that may be in there. Just in case you find you're missing anything.

And if its been more than a month then you can probably dump the personal stuff as well. I mean, if you haven't missed it after a month......

Last edited:
I've done a free scan with ESET and it found some crapwhich distresses me a bit I must admit, it says it's cleaned them but I findthis too good to be true of a free service (usually you need to buy before anyaction can be implemented).
I would buy but there are so many claiming to be the bee’s knees that I don'tknow what to do.
I'm a bit surprised that AVG and Malaware didn't detect these, I've heard thata lot of these free scanners find loads of threats to panic you into buying theirsoftware.

I wouldn't put ESET in the "free scanners" class. But then I'm an ESET man!. Uninstall AVG and use the correct AVG uninstallers in Safe Mode to clean out the remnants. Then download the ESET AV trial. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I was, four years back, and I've been with ESET ever since! The likes of ESET / Kaspersky / Trend (and others) with their free on line scanners are (a) showing you how their products work. (b) Doing you a nice favour by cleaning up your system in the hope that you may then try them out and finally buy them. There is no entrapment in the well known AV Mfrs on-line scanners.

I'd dump the AVG too I did years ago. Most of the genuine online scanners like Esset, Norton, Mcaffee etc are OK but they frequently won't remove the problem unless you purchase it.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom